Posted June 08, 2014
Proviso West High School should be avoided if you have other options. Getting a decent education at this high school is only remotely possible. Too many hurdles such as racial animosity, high levels of crime, peer pressure, drugs, too much chaos in classroom and indifference by some faculty leave this school unable to adequately educate our children. I advise you to send your children elsewhere if at all possible.

Proviso West High School 3

Posted August 19, 2013
My three daughters have or are still attending Proviso West. All have been on the Honor Roll and in the National Honor Society. This school is what the student and the parents will make of it. It you apply yourself you can achieve anything. All of the negative is from those who do not want to apply themselves and parents who are not showing an interest in come to the school and working with the administration and the teachers to it make a better place. We as parents involved in our children education. This year will be a great year for Proviso West because we are praying and working with the administration and the PTO. Parents please get involved let you voices be heard. Show and be apart of the solution not the problem. Your children need to see you come and visit the school and sit in the classroom and know who is in the school and who is teaching your children. Don't let another year go by not knowing what you can do for you children. God Bless

Posted July 11, 2013
School should be close long time ago. Students are not learning and teacher don't teacher. Wasting tax money. I will not my kids to this school to learn nothing. Got to move out because of this school.

Posted June 25, 2013
This is a horrible school! I spent the first 3 years of my high school career at a private school. Senior year, I elected to go to Proviso West to be with my best friend. Horrible mistake & a total culture shock! Smoking in bathrooms, teachers cursing, students cursing back, gang fights in the hallways, pregnant girls, racism against blacks and latinos, gay students being inappropriately affectionate in the hallways. It was just sad. I struggled in Trig because our teacher only taught to the front row for 3 min, passed out papers and sat down for the remaining period. I didn't learn a thing and almost didn't graduate because of the teachers desire to actually TEACH! It was such a let down and a huge embarrassment that I Ever attended here! My sister will be going to high school next year and I PRAY my parents don't let her go there!

Proviso West High School 2

Posted September 20, 2012
This school is just so disappointing. My son comes home and i ask him how it went. All he ever says is, "The Usual". He doesn't think the way Proviso is should be blamed on the teachers. He thinks its only a "bad" school because of the students in it. We should all clap for the teachers, for what they have to go through everyday. Its just complete nonsense coming in and out the school. Another issue there is, Racial issues.

Posted August 11, 2010
these schools were terrible too begin with! it got a little better better from 04-07 then the school got terrible once again. There's many gang activites , regualar on a day to day basis of fights happening. There's about 7 or 7 a day and the teacher's do nothing but resum class. I would NEVER send any kid's too any of the proviso schools. there all dirty . The people there who "guard" the school do nothing and aren't worth anything. the "no child left behind program" does not apply there even though they have it. Children get bullied each day . RACISM AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE IS HUGE OVER THERE!

Proviso West High School 3

Posted April 09, 2010

Posted January 25, 2010
this school would be alot better if the teachers pay more attention to those students that are willing to get a good education and focus less on those students who rather not be in school

Posted November 16, 2009
Do your kids justice and do NOT send them to PWHS.

Posted November 10, 2009

Proviso West High School
4701 Harrison Street, Hillside, IL  60162
Last modified Proviso West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Proviso West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top