Hoffman Estates, IL

Posted March 19, 2015
At this point I was livid and still no-one cared to help locate my daughter!!!!! All they said was maybe she walked home. (There is no school bus transportation for elementary students but there is for junior high and high schools)!!!!! After 27 minutes of this BS I left the school and found my daughter walking the neighborhood looking for her brother who usually picks her up. Again the incompetent staff was aware of this change and did not bother to notify the teachers or my daughter. When I found her she was hysterical and rightfully so. I then had to go the town hall to get direct contact information for the superintendent. The staff there was more concerned than the school. I was giving the superintendent secretary number. After briefly telling her that I was not interested in relaying messages through her and I needed an immediate conception to the superintendent I was transferred to his associate because of course he was unavailable. More BS apologies and he would contact the local school principal. Whether or not any action will be taken against the incompetent staff, I will never know. I even withdrew my son from the junior high school. OUTRAGED PARENT

Posted April 15, 2013
Very unhappy with the school. Grade 1 teacher very short tempered and rude. My son who loved going to school at one point of time is now scared to do so because of lack of professionalism and rudeness of the teacher.

Posted February 28, 2012
I am a student and I have to say the school is the best. My K/1 teacher Mrs.Byers was fantastic.She helped me so much because I came during December. The school may not be completely bully proof. But they help us children understand our mistakes. All the teachers love their students. I am in fifth grade and I am going to graduate next year. I will cry because I will have to leave my favorite school. Thanks to my teachers Mrs.Byers,Ms.Havel,Mrs.Achacher,Ms.Macejik,Mrs.Williams and my current teacher Ms.Rendall I exceed in all subjects. Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwa mwa mwaaaaaa mwa mwa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted April 25, 2011
Great School! I love the teachers, the whole staff is great! I son loves it too! Their princepal is awesome!

Posted April 22, 2010
This school is wonderful. I have seen great improvement in my child. She was already an avid reader and excelled at reading. They have brought her math skills up almost as high as her reading. They have a lot of extra curricular activities for the kids too!

John Muir Literacy Academy 4

Posted August 08, 2008

Posted July 18, 2008

John Muir Literacy Academy
1973 Kensington Lane, Hoffman Estates, IL  60169
Last modified John Muir Literacy Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Literacy Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top