Bad
Good

This was my son's first year at this school and it was also the first year the district offered full-day Kindergarten program. It was challenging at the beginning even though my son previously attended 2 years of preschool. But now almost at the end of the year I can clearly see the amazing improvement in reading, writing, math and Spanish language. Mrs. Herrera, his teacher, is amazing and very dedicated. We just can't be happier!

Great School My Daughter started this year 2013-2014. I am glad I choose this school not only because of its ratings but its Dual Language Program. Mrs. Santiago our kindergarten teacher this year with her has been great! I have seen a huge growth in my childs math skills,reading and writing. She has been easy to work with Informative and is great in at getting back to you in emails and how to help your child at home. I am happy to see my Daughter happy and best of all great to see her reading our spanish language. Mrs. Santiago thanks for making our year the best and for being such a beutiful amd wonderful person. And lastly the Principal shes so nice and remembers my childs name and first days of school always there to monitor all her children makes this an expierience for first time children and parents.

I have to contradict with the previous post. This is my child's second year attending MacArthur and I couldn't be more pleased with his advancement in his education. He attended kindergarten last year with Mrs. Santiago, and this year he is in first grade with Miss Schwarz. His MAP scores clearly demonstrate his growth in reading and mathematics. I am glad I enrolled him in this school.

Very disappointed with this school. This is my sons second year in this school. My son started k in this school which i loved his teacher Ms. Santiago she was very informative, very easily to get a hold of and with any concerns any parents had she was quick to address their concerns. Now my son is in 1st grade with the worst teacher!! She is new to the school and acts like this is a military school. My son used to love school but now he feels discourage and doesn't like the teacher because she screams at the kids. I tried addressing the issue with the principal but that didn't go anywhere!! THIS WILL BE MY SONS LAST YEAR IN THIS HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

My children have gone there since 2000 and over the years the staff of teachers, principals and gifted teachers has been terrific. They work hard for their students and have had a dual language program for over 14 years now.

Great school teachers my kids really love the school the parents ARE great as long as your involved as a parent you will see an improvement with your children . My son had a problem with his learning and the staff takes some time with the children to understand I always feel welcome when i come there. I love macarthur...

Macarthur is a wonderful environment for learning. My children are involved in the dual language program and it has been a gift to them. They are learning a second language, but also to accept and appreciate different cultures and races. The teachers and principal are approachable and parents are welcomed into the building at any time to see what their students are doing and to share in their academic experience.Macarthur parents are friendly and quite involved in the school community. We feel very fortunate to have found a public school that offers our children so very much. Thanks, Macarthur!

Last modified Douglas Macarthur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.