Posted May 20, 2014
Great School My Daughter started this year 2013-2014. I am glad I choose this school not only because of its ratings but its Dual Language Program. Mrs. Santiago our kindergarten teacher this year with her has been great! I have seen a huge growth in my childs math skills,reading and writing. She has been easy to work with Informative and is great in at getting back to you in emails and how to help your child at home. I am happy to see my Daughter happy and best of all great to see her reading our spanish language. Mrs. Santiago thanks for making our year the best and for being such a beutiful amd wonderful person. And lastly the Principal shes so nice and remembers my childs name and first days of school always there to monitor all her children makes this an expierience for first time children and parents.

Posted January 05, 2014
I have to contradict with the previous post. This is my child's second year attending MacArthur and I couldn't be more pleased with his advancement in his education. He attended kindergarten last year with Mrs. Santiago, and this year he is in first grade with Miss Schwarz. His MAP scores clearly demonstrate his growth in reading and mathematics. I am glad I enrolled him in this school.

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 1

Posted October 18, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. This is my sons second year in this school. My son started k in this school which i loved his teacher Ms. Santiago she was very informative, very easily to get a hold of and with any concerns any parents had she was quick to address their concerns. Now my son is in 1st grade with the worst teacher!! She is new to the school and acts like this is a military school. My son used to love school but now he feels discourage and doesn't like the teacher because she screams at the kids. I tried addressing the issue with the principal but that didn't go anywhere!! THIS WILL BE MY SONS LAST YEAR IN THIS HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
My children have gone there since 2000 and over the years the staff of teachers, principals and gifted teachers has been terrific. They work hard for their students and have had a dual language program for over 14 years now.

Posted June 07, 2008
Great school teachers my kids really love the school the parents ARE great as long as your involved as a parent you will see an improvement with your children . My son had a problem with his learning and the staff takes some time with the children to understand I always feel welcome when i come there. I love macarthur...

Posted May 01, 2007
Macarthur is a wonderful environment for learning. My children are involved in the dual language program and it has been a gift to them. They are learning a second language, but also to accept and appreciate different cultures and races. The teachers and principal are approachable and parents are welcomed into the building at any time to see what their students are doing and to share in their academic experience.Macarthur parents are friendly and quite involved in the school community. We feel very fortunate to have found a public school that offers our children so very much. Thanks, Macarthur!

Posted April 21, 2006
My daughter is in a dual-language program and I have strong feelings that my child's personal needs are exceptionally well addressed. Frankly I have not expected such level of educational services from public system. (My girl had been attending private school prior to MacArthur) The school has very strong and involved PTA, excellent art and music programs. The principal and all teachers I have been dealing with have been incredibly supportive and friendly.

Posted June 09, 2005
The academic programs are very high leveled because there is a dual language program. Each class has two music times, one art time and 2 gym times a week. Parents run the ice cream sales, they help out in the school clubs etc.. This school also is very out-going and will do anything and everything they can to help a student learn something.

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School
1800 Chippendale Road, Hoffman Estates, IL  60169
Last modified Douglas Macarthur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas Macarthur Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top