No rating

Montessori School of North Hoffman

Private | PK-9 | 136 students

Living in Hoffman Estates

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $260,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,440.

Posted September 2, 2011

This school follows a wonderful interpretation of Montessori philosophy. My children have been exposed to experiences that would never be available in a public school setting. The field trips are numerous and varied. The hands-on materials are well-made from wood and metal, not flimsy plastic. The materials are compelling to the children, calling them to touch and use. The teachers are dedicated and highly qualified, working longer hours and with less pay then their peers in public school.

Posted March 3, 2011

We have young two children in the school, and we are very, very impressed with the quality of the instruction and teacher involvement. My kids progress at their own rates, and their peers achieve at their own rates--higher and lower--because the teachers are tuned to their aptitudes. Overall, the skill, involvement and dedication from administration and staff are impressive. The school's culture is also very open and supportive, and my entire family feels very welcome. If we have one concern, it's that the number of kids in later grades really begins to fall off. As the cohort thins, the kids aren't exposed to as wide a variety of peers. We worry that a transition to high school in a large class might be difficult socially. The smaller class sizes in grades 6+ also affect extracurriculars such as sports, drama, etc., as well.

Posted June 28, 2010

My son has been in MSNH since he was 3 months and now he is almost 6 yrs of age. I'd like to share with you some of the reasons that I believe this setting is a right place for my child. First of all MSNH is more than just a typical school. This is an environment where academics meet with the rest of any child's essential tools in life such as social, physical,chemical and emotional. Second, I praise this school for the awareness they have created in my child's life about the importance of environment, respect for life and humanity. Consciousness about healthy choices in eating habits and ultimately respect the mind and body. If you are a parent that believes that emotional intelligent combine with IQ along with the above that I have mentioned would be tools to give to your child then this is the place for you....

Posted June 23, 2010

Montessori School of North Hoffman is full of teachers who truly care about their students and excellent activities for students to partake in. they are more than teachers of school, they teach life lessons. my daughter has been in this school for the last 4 years, and she is doing excellent.

Posted May 31, 2010

I would like to say that my initial thoughts about the Montessori School of North Hoffman were wrong. I was disappointed earlier during my visit last year as I thought my son's health concerns may not be managed properly. However, after talking to the principal in person, I feel that I should not have hurried to a hasty conclusion. The principal is in fact very nurturing, very passionate and caring about all the kids in her school and is empathetic towards any health issue or other issues that kids might encounter. The teachers are well experienced and trained and know what they are talking about as well. Overall, my second visit to the Montessori school of North Hoffman was a very positive experience.

Posted May 12, 2010

The school is excellent and I am astounded by the lack of substance in the negative reviews. The chief complaint is fundraising? Are you kidding me? I have two children in the school, and I continue to be amazed by the academic achievements of the kids there. My daughter has learned things in first and second grade that I never learned until junior high. But its not just academics. I have chaperoned several field trips, and literally every time the workers we meet are amazed by the maturity, respectfulness, and intellectual curiosity of the kids at MSNH. And it's because the school instills REAL VALUES in these kids. Yes, there are a lot of fundraising events, but there is no pressure , and how else do you keep tuition reasonable while providing this kind of quality? Food/nutrition program is absolutely top-notch. I could keep going but there s a word limit...

Posted May 12, 2010

I don't agree with the last three recent reviews. This is a wonderful school. I have both my children here for primary and they love it. My daughter is learning things she never would get out of a traditional preschool like geography, the planets, parts of a flower. She is 5 and starting to do basic reading. They have extra classes in art and Spanish which are excellent. The food program is outstanding. My kids eat vegetables because of going here. The environment is very homey. I have found the principal and teachers to be very accommodating and willing to talk about any issue I have had. While it's true they put an emphasis on fundraising, the tuition is very reasonable and the fundraising is to supplement the very reasonable tuition. I would highly recommend the primary program particularly if you believe in Montessori, This is an authentic Montessori school.

Posted April 25, 2010

I'm going to say that I actually agree with the last two current reviews from parents as far as the school principal and director. Also the mention of 'too much pressure for fundraising' also rings true. There was quite a bit more pressure on me both years my son was enrolled that we were to donate this or that. We requested a meeting with the principal to hear nothing back or the principal was 'unavailable' or 'out of town'. Their meal program while healthy is very strict and they really enforce it to the point of not letting kids bring flavored milk (chocolate milk/vanilla, etc.), or 'too processed' foods. Too anal IMHO. Sending my son to another school and hoping for the best.

Posted March 13, 2010

Better avoid this one. Principal and director hopeless ! Planning to change my daughter this year !

Posted January 25, 2010

My son attended for 2 years. Too much pressure for fundraising. Too many donations and extra expenses beyond classroom learning. They have the teachers make low cost gifts and expect you to buy them to raise funds. Glue a pic of your child onto something and ask you to buy it for $30. Then there is the raffle donations.. And raffle ticket sales.. And the gala ... Way too much

Posted October 10, 2009

I believe that this school in previous years offered an excellent education. Within the last few years, the leadership of the school has been changed to reflect the beliefs of one teacher only. Consequently, I would not recommend any one to attend this school.

Posted April 24, 2009

This school has a good primary program. My daughter has enrolled in this school since 3 years of age. She has progressed well in academics in the school. They have a good school menu during lunch. In the primary program, they have music, art and spanish. The students learn a new dance each year. The montessori curriculum is very good in the primary program.

Posted February 4, 2009

My son has attended MSNH since 3rd grade, and I have been very happy with the program and teachers over the last four years. Starting at a young age, children are exposed to subjects as part of the standard curriculum that they wouldn't otherwise have until HS such as Spanish, Japanese, algebra, geometry, and others. I love the diverse environment, focus on character, and becoming a citizen of the world.

Posted November 7, 2008

My daughter has been at MSNH since she was 7 months old -- she is now in first grade and is doing great! Her new brother has just started in the infant program too. Both my wife and I are professionals, and (like most) we wanted our kids to be in a safe, enriching and culturally diverse environment for the long hours they have to spend there. Not only that, but to us it was vitally important that the school instill a culture of academic achievement. Without a doubt, MSNH has exceeded all of our expectations! The school is a living testament to the philosophy of Maria Motessori: creating an environment that allows each child to maximize his or her own potential. In seeing our daughter's development over the past five years, we have no doubts about this approach.

Posted August 19, 2008

MSNH has given my children the BEST tools for learning and success: the desire for knowledge and self motivation. All three of my children have attended starting in preschool Two have graduated after 6th grade (one is still there). This is a rich program, with many opportunites for individual growth. I believe in it. My kids are the proof that this approach to Montessori education works! Opportunities that are unique here: hands on learning both in the classroom and thru many field trips (local, out of state, out of country), student exchange program, a long view of each student not just for one academic year (3-year cycles).

Posted September 14, 2007

I must express my disappointment regarding the Montessori School of North Hoffman. I have had four children go through the Montessori system. I recently changed Montessori schools due to the lack of cleanliness and teacher turnover. In one year my daughter had 3 different teachers in her classroom with no explanations unless a parent approched the director. The children were very confused. I felt the extracurricular activities were limited as well as the parent involvement. After researching other schools in the community I found one that better matched my expectations.

Posted January 23, 2007

MSNH is a great school. My son attend's the elementary program which is rich in art, music, spanish (Japanese for Upper El.) and offers a challenging cirriculum based on the needs of each individual child. The staff and teachers are both nurturing as well as strong instructors. I drive an hour each way so that my son can attend, as my daughter (now in high school) once did. The education she recieved far surpassed anything the public schools offer. Any classroom conflict is handled both lovingly and directly and is not tolerated. My son has developed a deep love of exploration and friendships with children of many cultural backgrounds. The PTO provides constant enrichment and support for the teachers and parents alike. Gym classes offer soccer, kickball, basketball and more. Extracirriculars include chess club, spanish immersion and art lessons. We are thankful for MSNH for nurturing the whole child!

Posted November 10, 2006

We were very disappointed in this school. Our children were enrolled in both the elementary and primary programs. While the primary program was adequate, the elementary program did not do a good job of preparing our child for educational experiences outside of the Montessori framework. We feel our children succeeded in spite of rather than because of the education they received there.

Posted September 14, 2006

I love this school. The teachers are committed, both to the children and to the Montessori philosophy. The PTO works hard to support the teachers, earning money for them to do several seminars and conferences. The PTO also sponsors activities to make the school community stronger and friendlier. About the curriculum: two languages are taught, Japanese and Spanish; art, music and gym are provided; most students are functioning at least one grade level higher(most are several grades higher) than their age based on standardized tests (and the teachers do not spend weeks doing test prep like in other schools!). The elementary (grade 1-6) program is strong and growing. This school is perfect for families interested in educating the entire child, not just their mind. Part of the curriculum deals with respect for others, conflict resolution, courtesy and grace. The students eat at tables with cloth napkins and tablecloths. WOW.

Posted May 5, 2006

This school talks big, but has very little to offer in my opinion. There are no sports programs, art lessons are not readily available and not often taught as part of a regular cirriculum. Students are often troubled and cause disruption to other students. Administrator is out of touch. Beware!
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 52% 4%

• Molood N Naghibzadeh
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1200 Freeman Rd