Hoffman Estates, IL

Posted September 02, 2011
This school follows a wonderful interpretation of Montessori philosophy. My children have been exposed to experiences that would never be available in a public school setting. The field trips are numerous and varied. The hands-on materials are well-made from wood and metal, not flimsy plastic. The materials are compelling to the children, calling them to touch and use. The teachers are dedicated and highly qualified, working longer hours and with less pay then their peers in public school.

Posted March 03, 2011
We have young two children in the school, and we are very, very impressed with the quality of the instruction and teacher involvement. My kids progress at their own rates, and their peers achieve at their own rates--higher and lower--because the teachers are tuned to their aptitudes. Overall, the skill, involvement and dedication from administration and staff are impressive. The school's culture is also very open and supportive, and my entire family feels very welcome. If we have one concern, it's that the number of kids in later grades really begins to fall off. As the cohort thins, the kids aren't exposed to as wide a variety of peers. We worry that a transition to high school in a large class might be difficult socially. The smaller class sizes in grades 6+ also affect extracurriculars such as sports, drama, etc., as well.

Posted June 28, 2010
My son has been in MSNH since he was 3 months and now he is almost 6 yrs of age. I'd like to share with you some of the reasons that I believe this setting is a right place for my child. First of all MSNH is more than just a typical school. This is an environment where academics meet with the rest of any child's essential tools in life such as social, physical,chemical and emotional. Second, I praise this school for the awareness they have created in my child's life about the importance of environment, respect for life and humanity. Consciousness about healthy choices in eating habits and ultimately respect the mind and body. If you are a parent that believes that emotional intelligent combine with IQ along with the above that I have mentioned would be tools to give to your child then this is the place for you....

Posted June 23, 2010
Montessori School of North Hoffman is full of teachers who truly care about their students and excellent activities for students to partake in. they are more than teachers of school, they teach life lessons. my daughter has been in this school for the last 4 years, and she is doing excellent.

Posted May 31, 2010
I would like to say that my initial thoughts about the Montessori School of North Hoffman were wrong. I was disappointed earlier during my visit last year as I thought my son's health concerns may not be managed properly. However, after talking to the principal in person, I feel that I should not have hurried to a hasty conclusion. The principal is in fact very nurturing, very passionate and caring about all the kids in her school and is empathetic towards any health issue or other issues that kids might encounter. The teachers are well experienced and trained and know what they are talking about as well. Overall, my second visit to the Montessori school of North Hoffman was a very positive experience.

Posted May 12, 2010
The school is excellent and I am astounded by the lack of substance in the negative reviews. The chief complaint is fundraising? Are you kidding me? I have two children in the school, and I continue to be amazed by the academic achievements of the kids there. My daughter has learned things in first and second grade that I never learned until junior high. But its not just academics. I have chaperoned several field trips, and literally every time the workers we meet are amazed by the maturity, respectfulness, and intellectual curiosity of the kids at MSNH. And it's because the school instills REAL VALUES in these kids. Yes, there are a lot of fundraising events, but there is no pressure , and how else do you keep tuition reasonable while providing this kind of quality? Food/nutrition program is absolutely top-notch. I could keep going but there s a word limit...

Montessori School of North Hoffman 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I don't agree with the last three recent reviews. This is a wonderful school. I have both my children here for primary and they love it. My daughter is learning things she never would get out of a traditional preschool like geography, the planets, parts of a flower. She is 5 and starting to do basic reading. They have extra classes in art and Spanish which are excellent. The food program is outstanding. My kids eat vegetables because of going here. The environment is very homey. I have found the principal and teachers to be very accommodating and willing to talk about any issue I have had. While it's true they put an emphasis on fundraising, the tuition is very reasonable and the fundraising is to supplement the very reasonable tuition. I would highly recommend the primary program particularly if you believe in Montessori, This is an authentic Montessori school.

Montessori School of North Hoffman 2

Posted April 25, 2010
I'm going to say that I actually agree with the last two current reviews from parents as far as the school principal and director. Also the mention of 'too much pressure for fundraising' also rings true. There was quite a bit more pressure on me both years my son was enrolled that we were to donate this or that. We requested a meeting with the principal to hear nothing back or the principal was 'unavailable' or 'out of town'. Their meal program while healthy is very strict and they really enforce it to the point of not letting kids bring flavored milk (chocolate milk/vanilla, etc.), or 'too processed' foods. Too anal IMHO. Sending my son to another school and hoping for the best.

Montessori School of North Hoffman 1

Posted March 13, 2010
Better avoid this one. Principal and director hopeless ! Planning to change my daughter this year !

Montessori School of North Hoffman 1

Posted January 25, 2010
My son attended for 2 years. Too much pressure for fundraising. Too many donations and extra expenses beyond classroom learning. They have the teachers make low cost gifts and expect you to buy them to raise funds. Glue a pic of your child onto something and ask you to buy it for $30. Then there is the raffle donations.. And raffle ticket sales.. And the gala ... Way too much

Montessori School of North Hoffman
1200 Freeman Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL  60192
Last modified Montessori School of North Hoffman is a Private school that serves grades PK-9
Montessori School of North Hoffman Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top