Hoffman Estates, IL

Lincoln Elementary School 2

Posted September 02, 2014
We attended this school last year and had a great relationship with the Kindergarten teacher. We have moved and live in a new district now. New school: unique & healthy lunch, 1:1iPad initiative for each student, and personal communication from the teacher immediately. New school: very friendly and helpful front desk staff & the principal personally welcomed us. Lincoln: the front office staff is often confrontational and difficult to communicate with, the principal is aloof to communicating with the parents, and both groups make you feel devalued. PTO at Lincoln: doing their best to improve the technology in the school by occasionally purchasing special dry erase boards from time to time, but I never saw one of these. Class sizes: Lincoln is struggling with class sizes & our new school will purposely move students around (before the first day of school and before they are ingrained in a particular school) to keep the sizes down. My son's class has 21 kids in it. Don't get me wrong, the teachers and PTO seem to be trying as hard as they can with what they have, but without the proper support from the school district and other staff, I just don't want my child going there anymore.

Posted September 01, 2014
I know it is very early in the school year to write a review, but as far as first impressions go, it's not good. Within 2 weeks my child's self esteem has been destroyed. My child came from a private school that he excelled in, was hardly ever in trouble. His current teacher has 30 plus children in the class with no help and the only recourse the teacher has is to treat the children like they are in military school. My child has said he is hated along with a large group of other kids in the class that were named off. My child is begging to not go to school, complete opposite of how things used to be, he loved school. We are investigating private again, unsure if we can still afford it, and actively looking to move.

Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted May 18, 2014
The teachers are wondeful in this school as well as the principal The definitely have it together and I appreciate all they do for my children.

Posted January 27, 2014
Lincoln is an excellent school with many Board Certified teachers. The principal has a true passion and concern for not only every student in the school, but also the staff. All the teachers go above and beyond to make sure each of their students get the very best education possible. My child is challenged and encouraged to do her best everyday, in a very positive environment.

Posted September 20, 2013
I am a 6th year parent at this school and have had a great experience. I have read the other reviews and some are completely false, I have never seen teacher temps and the kids do not change class rooms unless they are in a higher grade split (2 grades in one class), then they may switch for math. The school is not meeting the grade because we have a high bilingual population. Our Spanish speakers take the tests in English, so sometimes it results in lower scores. The students that don't speak English are in separate class rooms learning English, so it has not had any negative impact on my children. We have had amazing teachers and score very high on the standardized testing.

Posted August 30, 2013
not sure about all the negative reviews, however, i totally understand not everyone can be pleased to the point of their satisfaction. our experience, as parents, who moved their child from an expensive private school to 2nd grade here, is absolutely the most positive. so far, we are extremely impressed with our child's teachers, the curriculum, the community and the great staff at school. not to mention, our daughter is getting the same level of education. and she loves it here at Lincoln!

Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted June 22, 2013
My son went here for four years and I have to say it was an average to below average experience. Though my son scored well above the school and state standards (so I do have them to thank for that), I (and he) were constantly made to feel he wasn't doing "good enough" due to being fidgety and needing to pay better attention. He's elementary age, DUH?! It got a bit frustrating after the years went on, especially when the school wasn't meeting state standards yet still had the nerve to make my son feel awful while being one of their better performing students. In the last year we were there, when my son told me the amount of friends he had on meds (psychiatric medication) to pay better attention, it boggled my mind (10 kids he was close to- I can't imagine how many this school has actually pushed onto this stuff). It was at that point I realized this place was obviously focusing more on making robots than actually bringing meaning to my son's education and life. We moved and are at a much better school these days. Maybe they would meet state standards if they didn't push the kids who ARE doing well out?

Posted February 08, 2012
This has been a disaster from day one! I hope parents read this and try to move out of this district. The teacher has managed to bring out the worst in my child. She has been complaining about every little thing since day one. I am sorry we ever started our child in this school.

Posted September 05, 2011
We are pulling out our kid, and I assume so will some other parents, because of failing grades (per the leave-no-child-behind rules) and district sitting on transfer requests submitted. Doing a class in a trailer not connected to main building (means kid getting wet in the rain or need-jackets in winter) is not a good aspect of a school - they were supposed to use these trailer only for music class etc. Teacher quality is also mixed - some classes run solely by temps and they teach no more than the most basic math and reading and do not regularly check home works. although we need to mention some teachers are still doing fabulous jobs in spite of all the odds.

Lincoln Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2010

Lincoln Elementary School
1650 Maureen Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL  60192
Last modified Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top