Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This is a good school. Two of my children have attended here. Preferred Mr. Flanagan as principal! So sad to see him leave. Events were better organized when he ran the school, plus he knew the kids and they knew him. The new principal is just not involved with the children. He was front and center, knew our children and us parents!! She does not. Second year and she has no clue who I am or who my child is. It makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE to have an involved principle!!

The school has dedicated, hard-working teachers and a principal who cares. PTA is active and my son loves it here.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers that our kids had for all 7 years made their expectations clear at the beginning of each school year. Our students were able to achieve those goals

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework load seemed to be appropriate for our kids, neither too much or too little.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Respect and responsibility are topics covered repeatedly, and we have found the teachers and staff to be fair

The Timber Trails faculty is OUTSTANDING, and the depth of academic study (especially in math, reading and science) is equivalent to some of the top rated districts in the Chicago area, without the high real estate price tag! The principal, teachers and special ed staff are dedicated and extremely supportive of the needs of the individual students. The student to teacher ratio of Timber Trails is much better than the typical u-46 elementary school. The class sizes are medium, and the technology resources are quite impressive. The library of Timber Trails school is filled with a wide variety of appropriate yet popular book series for the students, grades K-6. The principal is approachable and thorough with expectations and discipline. The PTO of this school is filled with caring parents who are dedicated to offering additional opportunities for the students. U-46 also offers FREE instrumental lessons to orchestra and band students, and their overall music program has really improved over the past few years. To be honest, we were a bit leery about u-46, yet have found any concerns to be just unfounded . Thankfully, we have found outstanding schools in both Timber Trails and Larsen Middle School. I would not hesitate to recommend these schools to colleagues and potential neighbors.

Great school. My son Arjun Sivasankaran is a enjoying there and my daughter to follow this year. Looking forward to it

My son is autistic and my daughter has type 1 diabetes, and the services they offer my children are outstanding. I also want to mention that the teachers are top notch and really care. I wish I had teachers like that in grade school! My daughter is doing better in math than her friends that attend better rated, or private schools. She loves learning, and although my son has developmental delays due to his autism, he has a great environment and support network that make him WANT to learn, and do great. They have lots of great friends, and the kids are so nice to each other, with hardly any bullying. I cannot recommend Timber Trails and their excellent staff enough.

Timber Trails is a great new school. Teaching staff is very attentive, and facility is very clean and well designed. They have many after school activities, as well as great out door fields for baseball, soccer, football, and running.

The great teachers at the school make all the difference. I am fortunate to have see this first hand because my granddaughters attend and I worked at the school part time for three years

Last modified Timber Trails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.