Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are incredibly knowledgeable, creative, and able to engage children and their families in learning. The teachers my children have had work diligently, and hard to ensure they are receiving the type of learning they need, at the level they are at. They are amazing!

Amount of homework: Agree

My 2nd grade daughter has just the right amount of homework to get her into the routine of doing homework on a regular basis.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The schools integrates the Willow Way: Be Safe, Be Caring and Be Ready. The staff take seriously the need to be honest and fair.

Willow Elementary has been a great school for children to learn the basics, while gaining a sense of curiosity and desire to learn. I love Willow teachers and staff; they do what they can to ensure my children receive the right level of learning for them. The fact that my children get to have recess twice a day , plus gym, ensures they have some active time while learning. Each week they have art, computer lab, music and library, which allows them to learn from their preferred learning styles sometimes. We love Willow School.

What a great school year. This is my last of 3 children and the second time we have been in Willow. My daughter started there and is now at a Honor Student at HF. My son has progress so much this year in Mrs. Kappmeyer class I'm so blessed she is in his life. She and the school has definitely put him on the path of Excellence in Learning. To see that the standard of care and learning has withstood for the past eleven years I'm glad to say great job Willow school. When the parents get involved which I may say is encourage and welcomed you and your child will have a tremendous jump on their educational journey. Thank you Emmanuel W's mom.

Fantastic teachers, principal and staff. This school has gone above and beyond to help my child that has ADHD. To the point of making future plans of how to handle and teach him for the next school year. Absolutely recommend having others enroll their children. Park needed a little work, but the school and classrooms are what is really important.

I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY DAUGHTERS PROGRESS AT WILLOW, MS. MAJEWSKI AND MS MALONE ARE VERY EXCELENT TEACHERS FOR MY DAUGHTERS AND MY DAUGHTER LOVES THEM BOTH VERY MUCH I AM HAPPY THAT BOTH ARE PART OF MY DAUGHTERS LIFE. THANK YOU BOTH MS. MAJEWSKI AND MS. MALONE FOR BEING PART OF MY DAUGHTERS EDUCATIONAL PROGRESS. THANK YOU THE RAMOSES ARE HAPPY YOU ARE PART OF SMILEYS LIFE LOL.

This is a great school. I have loved every teacher my daughter has had since she started last January. My daughter has grown so much in the past year in a half. The different teaching styles that her teachers have is awsome. I love the fact that the teachers cater to each child's learning style. The staff are also readily available and provide alternative ways of communication for parents to get updates on their child. I love the reward system for behavior and work ethic. I just don't have anything negative to say. I love Willow school.

I moved into Homewood District 153 because of the schools. My son has a Speech Delay/Learning Disability. The teachers there are wonderful working with those kids especially those with special needs. My son went from two word sentences to five or more word sentences. He went from barely talking to talking a lot. The teachers are caring and understanding and the communication with the parents is phenominal. I have never seen a Principal and Assistant Principle get so involved as to go out and greet the children coming into school. All staff always make time to meet with a parent whenever a parent request a meeting. We have direct phone numbers and email addresses to all staff including the Superintendent. I really love this school because for the first time I can trust an entire school system with educating my special needs child. This school promotes healthy eating and ensures that the children eat their snacks and lunches. This school has art, music, gym, a resource room, computer lab, library and a learning center. I must mention that they always meet the Adequate Yearly Progress under the Illinois State Report Card. Also, I like the diversity it has. I must say I know I made the right decision in choosing Willow School in Homewood School District 153 in Homewood Illnois. I definitely think Willow school would greatly deserve to win $20,000 so they can enhance the programs they have, they can build a new playground and be able to continue to take the educational trips they so much love. Thank you Tina Willis Willow School Parent of now a 1st Grade Special Needs Child

I am new to the community and everyone at Willow welcomed us with open arms. The past 5 weeks I have seen a change, which I didn't expect so soon, in my Special Needs Son. His teacher Mrs. Reed, who teaches kindergarten, cares about challenging her students to be better no matter what the disability. She and Mrs. Vallero and Mrs. Zofield really care for the students. I am so happy I chose Willow school and the Homewood school district for my childs education. I know this district with its great curriculum really can work well with my child.

Last modified Willow School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2