Homewood, IL

Posted June 05, 2014
What a great school year. This is my last of 3 children and the second time we have been in Willow. My daughter started there and is now at a Honor Student at HF. My son has progress so much this year in Mrs. Kappmeyer class I'm so blessed she is in his life. She and the school has definitely put him on the path of Excellence in Learning. To see that the standard of care and learning has withstood for the past eleven years I'm glad to say great job Willow school. When the parents get involved which I may say is encourage and welcomed you and your child will have a tremendous jump on their educational journey. Thank you Emmanuel W's mom.

Posted June 04, 2014
Fantastic teachers, principal and staff. This school has gone above and beyond to help my child that has ADHD. To the point of making future plans of how to handle and teach him for the next school year. Absolutely recommend having others enroll their children. Park needed a little work, but the school and classrooms are what is really important.

Posted September 29, 2012
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY DAUGHTERS PROGRESS AT WILLOW, MS. MAJEWSKI AND MS MALONE ARE VERY EXCELENT TEACHERS FOR MY DAUGHTERS AND MY DAUGHTER LOVES THEM BOTH VERY MUCH I AM HAPPY THAT BOTH ARE PART OF MY DAUGHTERS LIFE. THANK YOU BOTH MS. MAJEWSKI AND MS. MALONE FOR BEING PART OF MY DAUGHTERS EDUCATIONAL PROGRESS. THANK YOU THE RAMOSES ARE HAPPY YOU ARE PART OF SMILEYS LIFE LOL.

Posted May 06, 2010
This is a great school. I have loved every teacher my daughter has had since she started last January. My daughter has grown so much in the past year in a half. The different teaching styles that her teachers have is awsome. I love the fact that the teachers cater to each child's learning style. The staff are also readily available and provide alternative ways of communication for parents to get updates on their child. I love the reward system for behavior and work ethic. I just don't have anything negative to say. I love Willow school.

Posted April 30, 2010
I moved into Homewood District 153 because of the schools. My son has a Speech Delay/Learning Disability. The teachers there are wonderful working with those kids especially those with special needs. My son went from two word sentences to five or more word sentences. He went from barely talking to talking a lot. The teachers are caring and understanding and the communication with the parents is phenominal. I have never seen a Principal and Assistant Principle get so involved as to go out and greet the children coming into school. All staff always make time to meet with a parent whenever a parent request a meeting. We have direct phone numbers and email addresses to all staff including the Superintendent. I really love this school because for the first time I can trust an entire school system with educating my special needs child. This school promotes healthy eating and ensures that the children eat their snacks and lunches. This school has art, music, gym, a resource room, computer lab, library and a learning center. I must mention that they always meet the Adequate Yearly Progress under the Illinois State Report Card. Also, I like the diversity it has. I must say I know I made the right decision in choosing Willow School in Homewood School District 153 in Homewood Illnois. I definitely think Willow school would greatly deserve to win $20,000 so they can enhance the programs they have, they can build a new playground and be able to continue to take the educational trips they so much love. Thank you Tina Willis Willow School Parent of now a 1st Grade Special Needs Child

Posted October 06, 2009
I am new to the community and everyone at Willow welcomed us with open arms. The past 5 weeks I have seen a change, which I didn't expect so soon, in my Special Needs Son. His teacher Mrs. Reed, who teaches kindergarten, cares about challenging her students to be better no matter what the disability. She and Mrs. Vallero and Mrs. Zofield really care for the students. I am so happy I chose Willow school and the Homewood school district for my childs education. I know this district with its great curriculum really can work well with my child.

Posted October 03, 2009
I love Willow School because it is built on a foundation of caring and inclusion.

Willow School 1

Posted April 09, 2009

Posted October 14, 2008
Willow is excellent! The curriculum is extremely stimulating. My daughter learns 15 new words weekly, math is taught consistently and reinforces principles. The attitude of the staff is great. I love Mrs. Kazmarck who teaches 2nd grade. She is such an asset to the school. My daughter loves Willow. I can say she is being well prepared for 3rd grade. Her reading skills are very good and the parent's involvement is evident in how well the children do. I highly recommend. We'll miss Willow when my daughter goes to 3rd grade.

Posted May 02, 2008
It's a wonderful school, they really care about the kids.

Willow School