Big Hollow Primary School 4

Posted August 18, 2014
I have two daughters in Big Hollow - we've had a great experience! Sounds like the schools have come a long way in the last few years. Class sizes are great - 23 or 24 kids, and a teacher's aid a lot of times. The PTO is very involved and provides lots of fun activities for families. We've loved each of the teachers we've had and they really seem to care about the individual child. Even the administration & office staff know their names. I love the daily gym classes. Full day kindergarten classes has put my second daughter ahead and she loved it. I do agree that lunch times seems to be too short, with the line for hot lunch taking up the bulk of their time. Also, I wish there were an option for a small bottle of water instead of milk - understanding that the drinking fountains are regulated. When inclement weather happens, can we explore a different option for recess? Overall, we are happy with the school! The things we have to complain about are far less important than all the great things happening.

Posted August 16, 2014
Class size is huge, lunch time is way too short 20 minutes for kindergarten. Recess seemed to not exist at all my son spent many lunch periods watching movies. Every school function was a complete disaster and total chaos. Teacher have been wonderful so far and we have been happy. Not very happy with the lack of communication from the district and admin in the school. If you don't ask questions you will not know what is going on unless the individual teacher sends you something. There have been changes in admin and teachers for the 2014/15 school year and yet I have nothing official from the district. Very poor communication and administration

Big Hollow Primary School 2

Posted March 06, 2014
This school is below average. Office lady's are very unfriendly and never greed anyone, they always seem to be in a bad mood. I have witnessed one morning how a girl came to the office and was saying that she is not feeling good and want to see a school nurse, and the office lady told her " Why did you come to school if you feel sick". When i drop off my child in the morning and greed them with Good morning , they never reply, they just ignore me. They are also very unorganized. Teachers are average, some are much better then others. Recess time at this school is "tv time" kids have to sit quiet and watch movie everyday for recess instead off running, playing and just burning their energy. Lunch is very short, kids don't get enough time to finish their food. Also the school seem to always have problems with their bathrooms and plumbing, kids have to go and use the bathrooms at elementary of middle school buildings. I would love for my child to go to a different school, but due to a real-estate value, we are not able to sell our house at this time. People that work in this school do not have passion for kids.

Posted June 09, 2013
My daughter has attended K and 1st grade here, and I couldn't have been happier with everything. She had excellent teachers both years, and has come a long way academically.

Posted October 17, 2012
The teachers are about average, some much better than others. Those that live locally have a much better approach to the kids, as they seem to have a vested interest in the success of the school. The new Superintendent does not have a proven track record here yet. There have been some strange financial dealings over the past few years, including convincing the public to approve the development of the new buildings based on the sale of the old buildings and land, which never materialized. I had arranged for some nice computers to be donated, enough to outfit every classroom, and offered to do the installation for free. I was told NO because they were in the middle of a referendum vote and if people found out they had computers they might not be so apt to vote yes. The school rating is slippnig a bit, it used to be above average in the County now I believe it's about average.

Posted July 08, 2012
We had a great experience at Big Hollow. Phenomenal teachers (we loved Mrs. Leginski and Mrs. Alberts) and great programs for the kids (even musicals for the primary and elementary students, great scout program, and great parent involvement)

Posted November 06, 2011
Teachers are to assist You in teaching your child. You are responsible for educating your child. Don't lay all the responsibility on the teachers. Don't be lazy... Pick up a book, and read with your child.

Posted May 24, 2010
We were very nervous about Big Hollow going into the school year, but our daughter's experience has been fantastic!! Her teacher is wonderful and there have been many fun programs throughout the year. KUDOS to all at Big Hollow!!!!!

Posted January 02, 2010
Great School. My child is learning a lot and has individualized lessons.

Posted October 15, 2009
Big Hollow is great! Kids are having a great time and the teachers are terrific!

Big Hollow Primary School
33335 North Fish Lake Road, Ingleside, IL  60041
Last modified Big Hollow Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Big Hollow Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top