PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As a former Ernst & Young (a global assurance and advisory firm) partner, I am very impressed with the HFCA IB curriculum. The Learner Profiles being used at HFCA directly correlate to the critical behaviors we looked for in our recruiting efforts on university campuses. These are the key skills that leading employers value most highly and believe will lead to future success.

The School's administration system is terrible. The principal and staff are not synced up school's admission regulations.

Great teachers!! Unsurpassed curriculum. My daughter loves school and has for 4 years That she has been there

This school administration system is the worst I have ever experienced. It is totally biased and meant only for the Church members. I will not recommend this school to anyone. Every parent wants to volunteer the teacher, so that they can take charge of the teacher and the kids. It's a shame how this school administration runs..!! I will never enroll my other kids in this school.

I've been going to HFCA since I was in pre-school. One thing that really stands out to me is the atmosphere and the high expectations that our teachers have for us . Now a middle schooler, I have experienced the ups and downs of an ever growing, still developing Catholic school and I have to say that with each year brings new and innovative changes. For example, as I entered middle school this year I walked into the testing of a whole new middle school program that gave us (students) more freedom and a new schedule that resembled more of a high school schedule. The program introduced the utilization of the entire building and a brilliant disregard of a single classroom elementary learning technique. There are 4 groups of about 20 students each (there are approximately 80 kids in middle school this year) whose schedules all varied depending on grade level, academic ability, and the healthy balance between boys and girls. The program has worked so well and, I believe, was a great way to set a new beginning for me, especially since I am now the oldest/only child attending HFCA in my family. My sister graduated last year with a spectacular base for her high school years. I love HF.

There were many aspects of HFCA my children enjoyed. HFCA is on the right track with curriculum and helping students develop spiritually. They are leading the way for catholic education. However, there is much work to be done in regards to promoting positive student behavior and using positive classroom management techniques by some of the teachers. We were surprised that behavior piece was lacking....as it was one of the reasons we chose a catholic school. Hope improvements continue to be made in the areas of social and emotional development for students.

I have seen my child grow and blossom at HFCA even more than I ever thought possible. My child is excited about going to school. The reading program is vibrant and interesting while their inquiry science and social studies encourages the students to go home and learn information on their own to contribute to the class (which my daughter has done!) I'm curious if the previous post by a parent was well thought out. No, they do not have a computer lab, but my daughter had 10 computers in her fourth grade classroom and used them on a daily basis. She typed business buddy letters, researched, learned programs, reviewed concepts, used it as a check out system for the classroom library, and so much more! Could almost any of that be possible if the school had a computer lab down the hall instead of in the room? The teachers are amazing and want to do anything to see your child succeed. The only downside I see now is there's a bit of "parent gossip" that's difficult to stay out of. It's not a reflection on the school, however, more on select parents. I hope the schools starts some parent education programs. Maybe it will cut down on all the high school chatter made by some.

I cannot believe this school received a technology award when they do not even have a computer lab! Primary and Early Childhood students do not attend computer class or learn technology skills in a school setting until they reach third and fourth grades! The administration is completely biased and unprofessional. I would not recommend this school to anyone! It is not the innovative, nurturing place it claims to be.

It is with great sadness that I will be leaving HFCA to head to NC. While I have 20 years of experience, I have only been at HFCA for the last two, and they have been the best years of my career. I have never seen such dedication, innovation, and genuine care for each child that I have seen here at HFCA. When I came to HFCA from an award winning Blue Ribbon school, I thought I had the best of the best in teaching practices under my belt. I couldn t have been more wrong. Learning how to incorporate Inquiry Based Learning into my classroom is by far the most motivating and successful way to teach. I have never had students so engaged in their learning and teaching has never been more rewarding. Thanks for broadening my teaching horizons and for being so welcoming and nurturing!

Holy Family Catholic Academy is a wonderful place. I have 2 children currently attending with another to follow soon. The teachers at Holy Family truly care about not only the academic success of their students but also their spiritual growth. The teaching methods are research based and first rate, which keeps the students engaged and excited about learning. The small class size is highly desirable, 20:2 student: teacher ratio is unheard of in today s public schools!! It allows for individualized learning done by qualified teachers. The teachers have always been receptive to inquiries regarding my children s learning. I feel like Holy Family is a place where parents are invested in their children s education, and work as a team with school staff to ensure that it maintains a level of excellence unmatched by surrounding schools. I could have sent my children to my local public school; their education would have been fine . I wanted better then fine , that is why my children attend Holy Family.

Last modified Holy Family Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8