Holy Family Catholic Academy 1

Posted March 31, 2014
This school administration system is the worst I have ever experienced. It is totally biased and meant only for the Church members. I will not recommend this school to anyone. Every parent wants to volunteer the teacher, so that they can take charge of the teacher and the kids. It's a shame how this school administration runs..!! I will never enroll my other kids in this school.

Posted January 18, 2013
I've been going to HFCA since I was in pre-school. One thing that really stands out to me is the atmosphere and the high expectations that our teachers have for us . Now a middle schooler, I have experienced the ups and downs of an ever growing, still developing Catholic school and I have to say that with each year brings new and innovative changes. For example, as I entered middle school this year I walked into the testing of a whole new middle school program that gave us (students) more freedom and a new schedule that resembled more of a high school schedule. The program introduced the utilization of the entire building and a brilliant disregard of a single classroom elementary learning technique. There are 4 groups of about 20 students each (there are approximately 80 kids in middle school this year) whose schedules all varied depending on grade level, academic ability, and the healthy balance between boys and girls. The program has worked so well and, I believe, was a great way to set a new beginning for me, especially since I am now the oldest/only child attending HFCA in my family. My sister graduated last year with a spectacular base for her high school years. I love HF.

Holy Family Catholic Academy 3

Posted December 09, 2012
There were many aspects of HFCA my children enjoyed. HFCA is on the right track with curriculum and helping students develop spiritually. They are leading the way for catholic education. However, there is much work to be done in regards to promoting positive student behavior and using positive classroom management techniques by some of the teachers. We were surprised that behavior piece was lacking....as it was one of the reasons we chose a catholic school. Hope improvements continue to be made in the areas of social and emotional development for students.

Posted August 05, 2012
I have seen my child grow and blossom at HFCA even more than I ever thought possible. My child is excited about going to school. The reading program is vibrant and interesting while their inquiry science and social studies encourages the students to go home and learn information on their own to contribute to the class (which my daughter has done!) I'm curious if the previous post by a parent was well thought out. No, they do not have a computer lab, but my daughter had 10 computers in her fourth grade classroom and used them on a daily basis. She typed business buddy letters, researched, learned programs, reviewed concepts, used it as a check out system for the classroom library, and so much more! Could almost any of that be possible if the school had a computer lab down the hall instead of in the room? The teachers are amazing and want to do anything to see your child succeed. The only downside I see now is there's a bit of "parent gossip" that's difficult to stay out of. It's not a reflection on the school, however, more on select parents. I hope the schools starts some parent education programs. Maybe it will cut down on all the high school chatter made by some.

Holy Family Catholic Academy 1

Posted July 30, 2012
I cannot believe this school received a technology award when they do not even have a computer lab! Primary and Early Childhood students do not attend computer class or learn technology skills in a school setting until they reach third and fourth grades! The administration is completely biased and unprofessional. I would not recommend this school to anyone! It is not the innovative, nurturing place it claims to be.

Posted June 04, 2012
It is with great sadness that I will be leaving HFCA to head to NC. While I have 20 years of experience, I have only been at HFCA for the last two, and they have been the best years of my career. I have never seen such dedication, innovation, and genuine care for each child that I have seen here at HFCA. When I came to HFCA from an award winning Blue Ribbon school, I thought I had the best of the best in teaching practices under my belt. I couldn t have been more wrong. Learning how to incorporate Inquiry Based Learning into my classroom is by far the most motivating and successful way to teach. I have never had students so engaged in their learning and teaching has never been more rewarding. Thanks for broadening my teaching horizons and for being so welcoming and nurturing!

Posted June 03, 2012
Holy Family Catholic Academy is a wonderful place. I have 2 children currently attending with another to follow soon. The teachers at Holy Family truly care about not only the academic success of their students but also their spiritual growth. The teaching methods are research based and first rate, which keeps the students engaged and excited about learning. The small class size is highly desirable, 20:2 student: teacher ratio is unheard of in today s public schools!! It allows for individualized learning done by qualified teachers. The teachers have always been receptive to inquiries regarding my children s learning. I feel like Holy Family is a place where parents are invested in their children s education, and work as a team with school staff to ensure that it maintains a level of excellence unmatched by surrounding schools. I could have sent my children to my local public school; their education would have been fine . I wanted better then fine , that is why my children attend Holy Family.

Posted June 02, 2012
I just attended my son's 8th grade graduation ceremony from HFCA. Each graduate spoke. I was not only impressed by their composure in addressing a large audience, but more importantly with the content of their comments. Of course, there were references to great friends that they've made along the way, but never would I have expected 8th graders to be able to articulate the quality of their education. Almost without exception, these kids mentioned their appreciation for their wonderful teachers who use 21st century methods to teach. Inquiry based learning, differentiated instruction, integrated technology and Christian values were highlighted in these student's speeches. Sending kids to a private school is a sacrifice, but seeing these kids appreciate their excellent teachers and knowing they are really prepared to succeed in high school and beyond is priceless!

Posted June 02, 2012
We have recently transferred to Holy Family Catholic Academy and we can't say enough great things about it. We were welcomed with open arms from the teachers/staff/administration/students and all of the families. I finally feel that I am home! The teachers and the administration are constantly communicating with the parents to keep us in the loop. My children are receiving an education that goes far beyond what is in a text book. They are learning to be critical thinkers and to think outside of the box. They are motivated and excited to share what they are learning and appreciate the opinions and ideas of others. Their faith has become so much stronger as well. The teachers have the resources necessary to address each child's needs, which allows them to reach their potential each and everyday. We are so thankful to have found Holy Family Catholic Academy!

Posted June 02, 2012
Our family transferred to Holy Family Catholic Academy this past year from another Catholic school and we have NOT been disappointed. Where to begin...2 full time teaching staff in every classroom allows every child to work at their own level, even if the work is a whole grade level higher! HFCA was a national Winner of the Catholic Schools of Tomorrow Award for Innovators in Education. Only 2 Catholic schools out of the entire country were recognized for their academic program and HFCA was one of them. The school's distinguished "Inquiry Learning" approach to education is magnificent. It allows a student to traverse between multiple subjects to complete a project. It is totally real world based work that the kids can use for a lifetime. Lastly, we have finally found a progressive Catholic school where the pastor is genuinely interested in our children. Whether it is on the basketball court with the kids, or in church at our weekly masses, Father Terry is totally invested in the students. What a school!!

Holy Family Catholic Academy
2515 Palatine Road, Inverness, IL  60067
Last modified Holy Family Catholic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Catholic Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top