No rating

St Peter The Apostle School

Private | PK-8

Living in Itasca

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $204,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted April 11, 2010

Saint Peter's is truly a great school. It will be remembered forever as a place where we all had the privilege to grow as people in a safe, loving environment. I was received there with nothing but kindness and hospitality. I know I don't have to say anything. I mean what can you say about years of fights, and laughter, secrets, hot lunches. I know that I'm not speaking for myself when I say that, It was an experience that I'll always keep very close to my heart, and that these are memories that I'll wrap myself in when the world gets cold, and I forget that there are people who are warm and loving. It will always be a part of me. It was something that I never expected at that point in my life, and I could never have asked for a better surprise.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 18, 2009

I have graduated four children and have one more that will finish this year. All of my children who graduated were well prepared for high school and are all on the verge of graduating four year universities. This school is small, and attentive to the students. Parent involvement is tremendous and these two benefits simply are not available in any public school. Combined with the faith based educational beliefs and teachings on a daily basis, this kids have a great head start.

Posted September 16, 2009

As a parent of a student at St. Peter's, I feel that my daughter is in a very nurturing environment. She has excelled in her academics as well as her social skills. Her peers are her friends and being that the classrooms are smaller, the children feel more like a family unit. They respect each other and treat each other as Christians are taught. The balance they provide their students puts parents as a comfort level that never leaves us guessing if your child is mentally and socially fulfilled. We know they are being taken care of at St. Peter's. Kudos to the teachers and staff. I also applaud the parents who are so involved in the school. Without them we would not be as strong of a school family as we are now.

Posted September 16, 2009

I feel like we have a home at St. Peter's. Our children are cared for, loved and taught to be the best person they can be. This includes academically, spiritually and morally. We couldn't have picked a better school for our children.

Posted September 16, 2009

Our family has been at St. Peter's for 16 years now. We have always been committed to providing our children with a Catholic education. This is a struggle that the benefits far outway the cost. St. Peter's has gone above and beyond our expectations as a school and community. It is an academically excellent school that also focuses on the moral values we want to instill in our children. The faculty approaches each child in a caring, nuturing way that understands every person is unique. Our children have been well prepared for high school and consistently place in the highest honor classes. This school also allows us to be involved in the day to day activities of our children. At St. Peter's the kids also have an opportunity to forge friendships and relationships for life while acquiring an education that will last a lifetime.

Posted September 16, 2009

Besides an excellent academic environment, my family has found a warm sense of community at St. Peter the Apostle School. The children are respectful and display their strong characters through generous actions.

Posted September 16, 2009

I have sent 3 girls through St. Peter from P3-8th grade and they have had a wonderful experience. My daughters will cherish the years they spent at St. Peter's and have developed life long freindships. I now have a six year old daughter there who has been there since P3 as well and when asked if she would leave the school and go to another she totally refused. I know she is very happy there and I am glad to have put all my daughters in St. Peter's. I as a parent cannot say enough good things about the staff and the family atmosphere of St. Peter's. I know when I leave my children there they are being taken care of like I would do at home.

Posted September 16, 2009

AS an Alumni and a parent of two students currently at St. Peter's I firmly believe in the quality of education, the caring an growing environment and the religious foundation my children receive there. I drive 20 minutes each way and would drive an hour if I had too!

Posted August 5, 2009

My daughter has attended since first grade and is currently in Jr. High. This is a great place for children to learn and we love the environment.

Posted November 2, 2008

I am now in charge of a board that the parents are running. I thought I could make a difference by doing so. The staff is pretty good. However, I am surprised at the lack of support the parents give. Unfortunately I have a third grader and kindergartner here and don't want to pull out the older one because it would be traumatic.

Posted August 1, 2008

The Priest was replaced in June 2008 and the new priest is much more involved. The teachers are very dedicated and committed to the students, As with any small school there is going to be a small group of parents who are dissatisfied because of hurt feelings or some other childish reasons. Don't be fooled, this is a great school and the kids who graduate consistently get placed in honors classes at the local high schools. All of my kids are going there and I recommend it to anyone interested in a Christian education.

Posted May 9, 2008

i have been at this school since my son was in preschool and i still feel like i don't fit in..I joined a home and school panel to get more involved but i am just not wealthy enough-the teaching staff is okay...the priest is not very personable and seems to favor the families who can donate money to the church. I am looking into another private school.

Posted April 24, 2008

after one year at this school , we decided to transfer to another private school nearby and have been at the new school ever since. The teachers were wonderful but , sadly, the parents set a very poor example for their children. My children learned from other children basically, that if your mother or father aren't wealthy than they don't belong there. Very disappointed .

Posted November 12, 2007

As a St Peters parent, I am very impressed at how easy it was to request extra help for my child. The teachers always go the extra mile. This was the best decision myself and my husband have ever made by choosing St Peter's School. I am relieved to know that bullying is not tolerated and isn't a problem at St Peters.

Posted August 9, 2007

As a former student and now parent of two children attending St. Peter's school, I am very pleased with the Christian based education my children are receiving. The school is above average in education and also provides a positive, Christian atmosphere for the children to flourish. The small size provides dedicated teaching for our children.

Posted July 24, 2007

The small enrollment provides a family atmosphere where everyone knows your name. There are great opportunities for the children and the staff is fabulous with a lot of teaching experience. We started in Kindergarten and will keep going until we graduate 8th grade.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 3% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 3%
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mary Ellyn Billmeyer
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Joliet

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

500 North Cherry Street