Bad
Good

I have heard a few thngs about Echo, but don't know alot about it. But I do know it seems to help several troubled teens from my daughters' school. I am glad there is a place that they can go to get the help that they need that they just do not get at home or anywhere else for that matter. I think we let many of these valuable youth fail and fall through the cracks because noone notices or cares enough to find out the reason WHY they are failing. Sometimes its not because of the lack of trying, but rather they need extra help from people who care. One young man I know comes from a broken home, has no support from either parent, and possible ADD. He is supposed as not trying and a trouble-maker, failing and quitting school, until he went to Echo. I try to encourage him and show him that someone cares. I hope for the best for him and I appreciate any help and caring that he gets there. May he succeed with fling colors!

Project E.C.H.O was a wonderful school for me, I made quite a few new friends that I still talk to today, the teachers were all VERY AWESOME and always understanding. Going there was the greatest decision I made when my other school had given up on me. I hope Project E.C.H.O stays around for a LONG time! :) I miss the school and the teachers I got to meet. Sincerely, a student from the class of 2007. :D

Speaking as a parent of one of those children dumped into ECHO. The observation made by me is that most of the parents don't take the time to get involved and talk to the staff and teachers at ECHO. I made a conscious effort to stay on top of my son's progress. I called almost daily and listened to feedback from the staff. My son really didn't like school, he resisted at every turn. He was disciplined many times at ECHO for a variety of behavioral(teenage) problems, but the staff didn't give up on him. He recently finished all the required curriculum and is now working part-time. A trade school or the military are options we have discussed. This is a breakthrough considering the other school system gave up on him. To all of the parents with children at ECHO, call, stay involved, listen.

I don't believe that project echo is a dumping ground for unwated kids, i believe that it is a place for special students who need some more attention than other students, which in my opinion is not a bad thing in any way, thank God there is a place for these students to at least get a chance to succeed. Submitted by an outsider looking in.

Project Echo is essentially a dumping ground for kids who are unwanted elsewhere. There is no attempt at helping these children, but simply to corral them in one place in order to meet minimum state requirements. Parents receive little or no feedback, and what little information is given is often inaccurate.

Caring teachers who give different kids a chance.

Last modified Project Echo is a Public school that serves grades 6-12