Bad
Good

M J Cunningham Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2011
I recently moved into the area and I am beyond impressed with the school. My daughter's fourth grade teacher(Ms.Timms) as well as the other 4th grade teacher's are beyond helpful with any questions, comments or concerns I may have. I am able to speak to administration also in the same regard. So far, I am delighted with the community and the assistance we have received. We haven't seen an behavioral issues from other students and my daughter does come home very day with good news as far as her communication and relationships with fellow students so good news so far.

M J Cunningham Elementary School 3

Posted October 06, 2009
I think the teachers really are the best part of this school. They are excellent. I have had good experiences with my kid's special needs being met at this school.

Posted October 03, 2009
What a ridiculous comment that there are too many Mexicans at the school! And even the secretary speaks Spanish?? Isn t this an accommodation that the school is providing so that they can reach out to their Spanish speaking parents and students? I think that it is wonderful!! The population of a school does not determine the quality of it. Many factors play a role this. The teachers and staff at Cunningham are dedicated individuals who care about their students. Academic excellence is a top priority at the school. Diversity is a beautiful thing that students need to be exposed to and learn about! Cunningham embraces this and is a terrific school because of it.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Cunningham because my granddaughter just started kindergarten there and she loves it and is learning so much so quickly. I don't believe Cunningham is a school that has a lot of money but they are dedicated and have a great staff. I went to the Orientation with my daughter and granddaughter and was very impressed with the principal and her teacher. Her teacher's mom was even there and I got to talk to her. My granddaughter comes home from school excited to show us what she did in school but also during the evening she draws and writes her letters. I am amazed by all she's been doing in just a couple of weeks. Her teacher is incredible!!!

Posted August 30, 2009
Just because the school has many Hispanics , doesn't make it a terrible school. For the parent below me , I am Mexican. And if you don't like that there is many Hispanic children at the school, then transfer your child to another school, its not that hard. I believe that Cunningham gives a good education and it has great teachers. It all falls on the student, if they wanna receive the good education or just mess around .

M J Cunningham Elementary School 1

Posted May 03, 2009
to many mexicans even the secratary speeks spanish

M J Cunningham Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2007
My son was in Kindergarden at this school and his teach did a WONDERFUL job

M J Cunningham Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2007
I placed my children in this school for the fact that it was only 1 block from home. It was the biggest mistake. My child (and other children) had been picked on at this school by the same bullies, over and over. Despite several requests to speak to the principal, she never had time to see me in the two years my child was there. Complaints to the school were made, but no diciplinary action was ever made on the bullies. I would not recommend this school to anyone who cares and loves thier children.

500 Moran St, Joliet, IL  60435
Last modified M J Cunningham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.