Joliet, IL

Posted September 26, 2013
I am very glad that my child attends to Eisenhower, it is a school where I can see my son's progress every day! I see my son very motivated and happy. Professional teachers and highly skilled, a respectful and profecional principal and a very friendly staff. Thank you Eisenhower Team.

Posted January 02, 2013
Lets be clear, Eisenhower is a magnet school for Joliet residents. In order to be accepted into the school you have to meet or exceed grade level requirements. So Eisenhower doesn't only accept gifted students. Students are given multiple opportunities to succeed and meet the requirements for their grade level, if they can not meet the requirements they are dismissed back to their neighborhood school. So the students are not dismissed after a lack luster quarter or semester, or even a year. Like I said before they are given multiple opportunities to succeed. Students can also be dismissed for behavioral problems and if the student isn't meeting the schools discipline policy. The school is relatively small therefore the students and staff know one another, for the most part. And this provides an environment that feels safe and nurturing for the students to learn in.

Eisenhower Academy 4

Posted December 05, 2012
Let's be clear- this is a gifted school. I know they don't call it that, and I know all the kids aren't gifted, but the kids who excel here are the gifted ones. I've heard of more than one child being basically shown the door because they can't handle the expectations. The reason for the high test scores and 'great school ranking', is that Eisenhower is selective admission. You could basically stick these kids with the mediocre teachers in a mediocre school, and they would still test well. Having said all that, it is a good school for kids who are gifted or above grade level. During kindergarten S basically did nothing but drew pictures- there wasn't learning, as he was academically at the 2nd-3rd grade level. Eisenhower was fantastic for him because he is now challenged. The teachers are good, the curriculum is good (and almost identical to the neighborhood schools), but the fact that they are basically working with very bright and gifted kids means they can better meet their needs. On the other hand, P is right where he needs to be. He is bright, but at grade level. Thankfully, really, he wasn't accepted into Eisenhower and is thriving at his neighborhood school.

Posted October 20, 2009
i loved eisenhower so much. i am now a junior at Joliet West in the honors program. the teachers were great at eisenhower, and i miss it so much. the only problem i have had is the fact that the academy (the junior high for eisenhower students) was placed at Washington junior high, the worst school i have ever attended. the teachers in the academy are great, but the principal and other students were terrible. We were made fun of by the other students on a regular bases and i couldn't wait to leave. eisenhower is definetly the best school ever, and i recomend it to everyone. i made a lot of great memories and friends.

Posted July 30, 2008
i loved this school, this was my last year and now i am going into hufford i.e. I loved the teachers, and the principal was great!! i wish i could spend another year there. It was awesome.

Posted October 10, 2007
I once went to this school and it was the best school i ever went to. The staff and teachers were amazing, I was challenged but I enjoyed it with all my classes throughout my five years. I miss Eisenhower and I wish I still went there. I had tons of fun, and i give this school a double thumbs up and feive stars as a over all reveiw! Student of 2001-2006 ke

Posted May 06, 2005
My daughter attends Eisenhower Academy and I couldn't be more pleased. The staff is exceptional and the students are held to a very high standard. It is a magnet school, the best of the best. I feel that having a school like this in our district is a priviledge. Just as attending this school is a priviledge, not a right. The students at Eisenhower are learning more about life at Eisenhower. The staff gives the students respect and the students respond with respect. Eisenhower has a wonderful discipline program as well as a superb curricullum. I have two children in the wings and I hope they will be Eisenhower Graduates. Keep up the good work.

Posted January 29, 2005
My son is in first grade he is doing great the staff is very good they are dedicated to teaching the children.

Eisenhower Academy 4

Posted December 01, 2004
My son attended Eisenhower and my daughter still does. This school, while quite advanced in curriculum, has a little too much emphasis on quantity of work. Racing through chapters to show how much our children can learn seems a bit overkill. This is a magnet school so we know our students are smart, no need to show off. Also, nearly every teacher our chilren have had so far is after the 'Stepford Student' who does not question and retains everything that is given to them. Sounds like a lousy review, huh? It's not though, since the teachers that have given the kids time to dream and question have enriched our children's lives to such a degree that the other teachers are tolerated. The test scores will be there, so lighten up on the pressure and give the kids a little more leash to run free.

Eisenhower Academy
406 Burke Drive, Joliet, IL  60433
Last modified Eisenhower Academy is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top