Joliet, IL

Posted October 09, 2013
My son loves this school. This school is a 360 from his last school. The kids are well disciplined and the staff is great with the kids. I see my son getting the attention he needs while getting a great education. Its very hard to find a school that gives students one on one time. I am very happy I got a chance to send him here.

Forest Park Individual Ed School 4

Posted January 23, 2012
My child is receiving the best education here, I like all the knowledge she has gain. And I am learned too by the Parent Session offer two time per month on how to get my child to be a good student and citizen.

Forest Park Individual Ed School 2

Posted July 30, 2011
I think that Forest Park has too little boundaries. I was a student there for one year and you could leave the class almost any time you want! Also the school is in a bad neighborhood so most of the kids there came from there. Overall I think that the school isn't too good. Except for the principal who is good.

Forest Park Individual Ed School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
the school has some of the best teacher and they make sure that the kid are there to learn and not play and just pass them

Posted January 06, 2007
Forest Park is an excellent example of what involved parents can do for their kids education. The basic premise of this public Magnet school is based on The Adlerian Theory of education and the practise of the the 4 R's, Respect, Responsibility, Resourcefulness and Responsiveness. All students held to these principles enableing them to be responsible for their own education. The success is evident when you realize the economic level of the students is on the low end but the school's academic level is high. The parents are required to attend parenting sessions which teach and emphasize the theorys to be used at home as well. A very well organized and competant staff make this a great place learning environment. I highly reccomend this school for parents who want a better public school education than what may be available in their neighborhood. No special testing needed.

Posted April 05, 2005
- a former student

Forest Park Individual Ed School
1220 California Ave, Joliet, IL  60432
Last modified Forest Park Individual Ed School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Park Individual Ed School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top