Joliet, IL
Students enrolled: 2,877

Joliet Central High School 3

Posted April 02, 2014
Is a diverse learning community providing relevancy and rigor in instruction and promoting positive experiences and exposures for our students.

Posted January 01, 2013
This school has great deans and staff that help the students achieve more in the community. Another thing that makes this school a great school is that we have a wide variety of diversity... and we all get along. The Bad Incidents: SOME security guards can be overwhelming when confronting students. I've personally experienced harassment by a teacher BUT our deans and principal helped me with situations like this. They have helped me and my peers with incidents you see at any school. The staff really does care about us and how we learn and do more than they are supposed to to make sure we get far. There is a numerous amount of teachers who stay after when they aren't required to and you can feel how determined they are to helping us achieve. Central is a 5 in my opinion. Go Steelmen!

Posted November 10, 2010
This is my senior Year (CLASS OF 2011!!) I moved from chicago which i have lived in my whole life, to this school. I was scared at first because i didnt know anyone and as you can tell this school is huge, but the students and teachers got me involved in alot of activities. The teachers here care about the students, not only their jobs. I am really happy with this school and how they treat us. They get us ready for the real world. All the teachers know what they are doing. There is alot of mixed ethnicities at this school. I am proud i will be a Steelmen my whole life. GO STEELMEN!!! CLASS OF 2011!!

Joliet Central High School 0

Posted January 30, 2010
Having my child in a private school for 9 years, I was a little hesitant to send my child to Joliet Central. But with the 1st semester behind us, I can truly say I am proud to be a steelman parent. My child is in all the honor classes and involved in sports. He enjoys his school day. The teachers are very dedicated and committed to learning and seem to enjoy their students. I,m impressed with the communication between parents and teachers. I was afraid with the large student body, that it would be difficult to stay involved in my child's education, but that was not the case!

Posted January 29, 2010
I attended Joliet Central for 4 years. I scored a 29 on my ACT, currently attend the University of Illinois, and I am just as well off academically as other students from any other school. As with all schools, Central has it's problems. State test scores show that we tested poorly, and unfortunately at Central, there are a lot of students that don't care about their education. But that doesn't matter, because a student will get out of high school what they're willing to put in. The teachers I had in the honors program are great, and they are some of the best, motivated teachers I have ever met or heard of. All graduates have had different experiences there, but I can say with near 100% certainty that all of us who have moved on to bigger and better things will agree with most of what I have just stated.

Joliet Central High School 4

Posted June 02, 2009
This a really great school to go to. The teachers are great some of the kids are cool. It helps you get prepaired for college. GO STEELMEN

Joliet Central High School 1

Posted March 01, 2009
This school is run on rules not education. It is a joke! Do not sent your children here they will struggle in college. As for diversity, yes has alot of blacks and mexicans, and whites. The impression I got from those groups was disgraceful. I hope to god that is not how it is in the real world! Please don't send your children here! For there own sake....

Posted August 08, 2007

Joliet Central High School 4

Posted April 06, 2006
- a former student
Joliet Central has a lot to offer academically, but I think its greatest strength is the diversity. We have students of so many different cultures, and so many different ability levels and disabilities, that any student who attends here is much better prepared for 'the real world' than those students who attend schools that tend to be all white, or that are more aimed at college prep.

Posted February 18, 2006
i go to JTHS Central and I love it there! the teachers are all highly qualified, it's a landmark, and i'm walking through history every time i walk into that school. the music program there is excellent! there is a class in that huge school to meet every student's want and need. they send letters home when needed, but parent involvement could be a bit better. all in all, i love my school and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

Joliet Central High School
201 East Jefferson Street, Joliet, IL  60432
Last modified Joliet Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joliet Central High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top