Posted November 04, 2014
I am a proud parent. My daughter graduated 2010 with High Honors. The teachers are great they care about the students here. When I moved out to Joliet I looked around the private school. Nothing compared to West. I'm glad she came here. Now my son class of 2018 is a Freshman and I'm so excited for his high school years here at Joliet West High School.

Posted August 06, 2014
I have been to this school multiple times and it has always impressed me. In this day and age there is no focus on trade skills. Most everyone wants a white collar job and that's what schools are focusing on today. News flash! Blue collar trades are in high demand and all the white collar folks will pay for those skills, because they have to. Joliet West has an awesome set of programs including Industrial maintenance that is a great paying, high demand field. My daughter goes there and is enjoying everything they have to offer. As far as the JCA Drug thing goes, there were kids from several schools in the area that were involved with that including public schools, so it happens at all schools! Be a good parent and stay on top of your kids to keep them on the right path! Joliet West gives you all the opportunities that you could want. Good Job and Hats off to the staff!

Posted June 11, 2014
I feel that Joliet West High School has an excellent program, excellent teachers, and tries very hard to meet the needs of its 3300 students. Unfortunately, they do not get to pick their students and many students are more interested in not attending, not participating, and not learning. The teachers put a lot of effort into planning lessons; they have excellent technology capabilities, and volunteer for the many programs and clubs that run after school and on weekends. Every teacher there is there for the students. The facilities are well kept and clean with a new field house and cafeteria. Yes, there are occasional problems but the students that do not want to be involved in them rarely are, and all problems are dealt with quickly. I feel it is a safe environment for all students and staff and confidently sent my children to this school. I would have no problem recommending this school to local families. It is an excellent school where students have the resources to excel.

Joliet West High School 4

Posted June 03, 2014
I have worked at this school for 14+ years, I love it, and never thought about going anywhere else! This is a public school that does amazing things on both ends the students are greatly successful--we have students who score perfect on the ACT, attend Ivy league schools, and other top end universities annually. The overwhelming majority of the staff is fully committed to challenging those who walk through the doors! Food for thought-- The biggest school drug bust in our city's history happened at the private high school down the street a few years back- high school is what you make of it. All types opportunities are more than available here at West. It's too bad that some did not find their niche. I am also a resident and fully plan to send my son to West!

Posted May 22, 2014
Joliet West with my experience is a great High School my daughter has been in there honors program for the past 3 years and already has college credits through the AP program that west offers. I also love the communication that the teachers have with the parents on a weekly basis through emails. it helps us parents to stay on top of things. Great Job Joliet West Staff!!!!

Posted May 02, 2013
Joliet West grade F. sent two kids there they came from good middle schools so they scored high in grades but this school failed them. did poor in help with collage prep was told that fights and drug use is the norm for the school. dropping out was encouraged by some adults at the school. DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDs here

Posted February 05, 2013
AMAZING SCHOOL!!!!!! It is helping me prepare for college...Great teachers & Staff. I went to many other school, and this by far was my favorite.

Posted November 15, 2012
Joliet West has sure changed over the years. I'm a Junior at West and even since I was a Freshman it has changed. I give it a low rating for many reasons such as; over capacity we have over 3000 students which is unacceptable, Theres not enough gym lockers,theres a fight almost everyday I know its highschool but its ridiculous. Also Joliet picks random parts of Joliet to go to west even if you live nowhere near the school.As far as extra curricular activites go, we do have a lot of activities,however, not enough for over 3000 students.Teachers have such a bad attitude and barely teach you what is supposed to be taught.I thought by the time junior year came I would start focusing more on things like my future career like my friends from other schools but West does not help to prepare you for anything. I know its highschool and no one really likes their school, however its just not normal how much I despise this school. It is a horrible school overall. I would never put my child in this school. Ive never despised a school as much as I do with Joliet West.

Joliet West High School 2

Posted February 27, 2012
Joliet West is nothing compared to the other schools in the area (except Central). The Honors curriculum is bare minimum of what students need to truly succeed in a post-secondary educational setting. It has many just terrible teachers, mixed in with a few excellent ones who make the school bearable at all. For students who wish to succeed, you can. You just need to put forth a huge amount of effort on your part. As a recent graduate, I would have to say that Joliet West does not prepare you for an advanced technical field nor the workload associated with one. Yes, there are drugs. Yes, there are gangs. These cannot be avoided, but the school could definitely do a much better job at preparing its students for anything other than a job at a fast food restaurant.

Posted September 09, 2010
the coaching staff of varsity football should be ashamed of themselves! Quit playing your favorites and play some people that know how to play and win for a change! 41-0 unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joliet West High School
401 North Larkin Avenue, Joliet, IL  60435
Last modified Joliet West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joliet West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top