Bad
Good

Posted April 29, 2014
troy heritage trial elementary, I like this school there very organized and treat every student fare.

Troy Heritage Trail School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Troy Heritage Trail. My child has went to Heritage Trail for the last 3 years and I couldn't be more pleased. Mr. Munch is always available and visable for the children. Teachers set high expectations of every student and encourage every student to do their personal best. Our teachers have been Mrs. Bennington, Mrs. Walker and now Mrs. Kula. My daughter is reading a year above her grade and loves school. Their specials programs of Art, Music , and Computers are a special plus. The art and music direction/ programs are outstanding and they have a yearly art / concerts that all the children participate in. My only draw back is the lack of PTA communication for the parents. Memos aren't timely, fund raisers are so-so, and directions to other schools are never provided. However, the schools office is always available with great information to help. I like the fact that an ID must be shown to come in the building. VERY SECURE.

Posted February 01, 2012
I have one child that went from Kdg - 4th and I currently have another child in Kdg at THT. My third child will attend Kdg next year at Troy and I couldn't be happier with the school, teachers and curriculum. They have pushed my children to do their best and rewarded them when they have. All the teachers I have come across thus far have been excellent...Bennington, Tyrell, Vitas, Nelson, etc. etc. have all played in important role in our lives and I'm thankful there are such caring, devoted teachers at Troy. Some people have said the reading program is not good ... let's just say my now 5th grader reads about an hour a day and loves it and my Kdger was reading after 2 months into his first year in school... remarkable I say!

Troy Heritage Trail School 1

Posted October 11, 2011
The communication is where this school really fails. They set up policies, but never enforce them or enforce them without any consistency. Picking your child up is a horrible experience. Its a real safety problem. I have had a good teacher, but sadly enough, I have found the majority (at least in my experience) do bare minimum and do not go out of their way at all. They really fail in the category of reading and the merit program is a joke... I moved to get out of this school.

Posted October 13, 2010
My son is in 2nd grade and is doing well but having trouble with his reading and they have been going above and beyond to helop out

Troy Heritage Trail School 1

Posted February 24, 2010
I think this school is OKAY, but I think it has a lot of room for improvement. I would like to see some more updated teaching methods and there are some really nice teachers, but A LOT of teachers who don't seem to really even like teaching or teaching children. 'Centers' is a waste of time, none of the kids are really working, they are all messing around and talking. I think the school day could be utilized much better!

Posted September 15, 2008
I love the school and all of the staff, I have never had a complaint about any teacher or staff from any parent whose child attends there.

Troy Heritage Trail School

Posted August 24, 2007
My son is entering the second grade this year and we couldn't be happier with the education and attention he has recieved from his teachers. That includes everyone from his classroom teachers to Mr. Nelson and every other teacher involved. Thank you THT!

Troy Heritage Trail School 2

Posted July 22, 2007
I think they over-estimate the ISAT scores. Some teachers are exceptional. Some are so-so and some are just not good at all. One good thing I can say is that they have tried to help my son who does have some academic problems. Overall, I do not like the school district at all and would move in a heart beat if I could.

Troy Heritage Trail School 3

Posted August 20, 2005
I found that my daughter's kdg teacher was not very encouraging, she definitely had her favorites. My daughter is a well behaved child, who needed a little extra help with her letters/sounds - thank God that her merit teacher was outstanding in that department. I can only hope that her 1st grade teacher is a lot more caring and helpful. Also, the fact that art and music are no longer a part of the class schedule is very depressing and all the teachers wanted to know was if they could send the kids home earlier now ... how pathetic!

Troy Heritage Trail School
3389 Longford Dr, Joliet, IL  60431
Last modified Troy Heritage Trail School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.