Joliet, IL

Posted July 08, 2014
Although small, this school really strives to do everything it can to enhance the learning environment for its students. Personally, I love the small classroom sizes, as the are similar to a private school in a public school setting. Beginning with the 2014-2015 school year, there is a modified school calendar and uniforms. The modified calendar allows for students to participate in enrichment and remedial activities to keep everyone moving forward.

Union Elementary School 1

Posted January 18, 2012
District81inJoliet is a red neck school! The school board president has family & friends on the board, his wife runs the kitchen that the school never needed in the first place (there's only 120 kids from K-8)with her best friend whose husband drives one of the buses while she drives the other. The presidents daughters work in the kitchen too & library, his sons do the janitorial work so he has everyone on the payroll!!! When a job does open up they falsely advertise it & put in another member of their clan, it works like this for everything!!! I even asked if I could get a PTA started & they said sure,but you have to have the parents call into the school if interested & the school kept telling me that I was the only one interested. I clearly got the picture that the outside community is not welcome there unless invited! This is so frustrating!! Parents at our former address helped in the school all the time! We signed up for storytimes, craft days, field trips & room partys! I wish I could get this changed somehow but, this public school is it's own entity! There are no other schools in the district!!!

Posted October 21, 2010
Students recieve an excellent education. It has the feel of a private school setting, eventhough it is a public school. Average class size is between 10 to 15 students. How many schools do you know, where the Superintendent knows every student by name? The kids have gym everyday, and art, music, library, and computers once a week. I Love Union School, one of my children that is in high school now is an honor student, thanks to the personalize care that Union gives all of the students.

Union Elementary School 1

Posted August 10, 2010
Not much is known about Union School from its community:( We know it doesn't have a playground for children to learn necessary coordination skills for reading, but it just put in a HUGE kitchen facility for the very few children that attend there(Yet another RESPONSIBILITY -(packing/making/taking lunches) taken away by our good intention schools.

Posted October 18, 2004
Welcome to a place where everyone knows your name and everyone knows how important your child's education is to both you and to your community. Union School is a place of learning, caring, and developing. The faculty is always available and willing to help out with any situation. My son is in first grade in Union School and I wouldn't want it any other way. Cheers to Union and their fabulous staff.

Union Elementary School
1661 Cherry Hill Road, Joliet, IL  60433
Last modified Union Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Union Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top