PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

As a parent of a child attending this school, I am extremely pleased with the teachers, staff, students, and other parents. My daughter truly loves going here and I am happy we made the decision we did. The new principal is wonderful and has added such a overwhelming feeling of gratitude and community to the school environment.

I have been doing a lot of research on the schools in the area & find it very interesting that the schools in Joliet Diocese are ALL VERY DIFFERENT!!! The tuition rates differ, the teaching differs, the extra curricular differs & the rate of what they are being taught even differs!!!!! Shame on the diocese! It's quite obvious that St. Raymond is a hoarder of it's money & that only the rich & leaders in the community will succeed there. These children are ALL children of GOD & none of them should be treated any different!!!

While we were happy with the teachers at St. Raymond school, our family will not be returning as we can no longer withstand the atrocity that is the administration.

very friendly & faith filled people attend the school & church. all are welcome in this place. our family enjoys all the activities offered. we have had a very good experience their.

As a graduate of St. Rays I have mixed feelings on this school. When I first started I loved it, but as I grew older the classic Catholic School problems started to happen. Kids became mean to you if you didn't have money and didn't see things their way. The parents where very much like teenagers only talking to those in their little group and gossiping about others. Near the end there was a lot of bullying which was one of the main reasons I couldn't wait to leave the private school system. I now attend Joliet West and have lots of friends who you might consider popular so I was not exclude because of the way I acted, but because I didn't have a lot of money and didn't put up with their attitude. Also, Yes I'm so glad I chose Joliet West over JCA. If you can get past that though the teachers are great and prepare you for high school.

Excellent school! Both my son and daughter graduated from St. Ray's. Both are now college graduates. They both made life-long friends there. Some went on to JCA, some to Joliet West or Central. All are still close. St. Ray's, St. Pauls, Holy Family, same kids. Nice kids from nice families. Well worth looking into if you are a parent.

I have had both positive and negative experiences at this school. I have 2 children that are at St. Rays. I am not wealthy nor do I own any business in town. I did not attend JCA or St. Francis and have friends that go "way back" but I want to be involved in my childrens school and llives regardless of "cliques or gossip" so I volunteered and made friends and became active. I have noticed many new families also get involved and make friends fast. Yes there is a LOT of gossip but that is anywhere--you can become part of it or ignore it. Lately I have noticed an VERY LARGE increase in fights, bullying and violence at the school. I would really like to see the administration step up and make a stronger example before it becomes an epidemic. This year has been the worst I have seen and am growing slightly concerned in that regards.

I have had 4 children attend this school. Two have graduated and two remain. Like any other small school setting people do know other people's business. This can be good and bad. Yes, there are those parents who choose to gossip but there have also been parents who have given their time and talents to the school and each other in a very positive way. I myself am not rich by any means and I do take offense to those who say the parish school is made up of the those who are and who shun others. The problem with this attitude is it may be based on your own jealousy.Of course there are affluent families that attend but there is also plenty of middle class families such as ours. The school is not perfect and if it is not what you are looking for then you need to make the choice to leave. My husband and I have had many experiences at St.Ray's and for the most part they have been wonderful! God bless to all who attend and still feel left out. I hope that you will see that we are not all the same. Let's all be there for our children and try to inspire them by living a truly Catholic as well as Christian way of life . Gossip and ostracizing does not belong at any school!

My children have attended this school for a number of years. We are very happy with administration, teachers and academics. As far as gossiping goes, you will find it at any school if you look for it. My advice to parents that are worried about it is to avoid these people, if parents would simply drop off their children and go on with their way there would be less gossiping. As for the gossipers, you must be doing it because you are not happy at the school so you should probably go elsewhere or quit complaining to every ear that will listen.

The different grade levels have their own section of the school. Preschool-1st in one section of the building,2 & 3,4& 5, jr. high each have their own section of the building. A lot of parent involvement.The faith family program where diferent grade levels are grouped to together to form a family to learn about each other and the catholic faith. Caring staff and teachers.

Last modified Cathedral Of St Raymond School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8