Joliet, IL

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 3

Posted May 15, 2014
As a graduate of St. Rays I have mixed feelings on this school. When I first started I loved it, but as I grew older the classic Catholic School problems started to happen. Kids became mean to you if you didn't have money and didn't see things their way. The parents where very much like teenagers only talking to those in their little group and gossiping about others. Near the end there was a lot of bullying which was one of the main reasons I couldn't wait to leave the private school system. I now attend Joliet West and have lots of friends who you might consider popular so I was not exclude because of the way I acted, but because I didn't have a lot of money and didn't put up with their attitude. Also, Yes I'm so glad I chose Joliet West over JCA. If you can get past that though the teachers are great and prepare you for high school.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 5

Posted December 16, 2012
Excellent school! Both my son and daughter graduated from St. Ray's. Both are now college graduates. They both made life-long friends there. Some went on to JCA, some to Joliet West or Central. All are still close. St. Ray's, St. Pauls, Holy Family, same kids. Nice kids from nice families. Well worth looking into if you are a parent.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 3

Posted December 16, 2011
I have had both positive and negative experiences at this school. I have 2 children that are at St. Rays. I am not wealthy nor do I own any business in town. I did not attend JCA or St. Francis and have friends that go "way back" but I want to be involved in my childrens school and llives regardless of "cliques or gossip" so I volunteered and made friends and became active. I have noticed many new families also get involved and make friends fast. Yes there is a LOT of gossip but that is anywhere--you can become part of it or ignore it. Lately I have noticed an VERY LARGE increase in fights, bullying and violence at the school. I would really like to see the administration step up and make a stronger example before it becomes an epidemic. This year has been the worst I have seen and am growing slightly concerned in that regards.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 4

Posted August 21, 2011
I have had 4 children attend this school. Two have graduated and two remain. Like any other small school setting people do know other people's business. This can be good and bad. Yes, there are those parents who choose to gossip but there have also been parents who have given their time and talents to the school and each other in a very positive way. I myself am not rich by any means and I do take offense to those who say the parish school is made up of the those who are and who shun others. The problem with this attitude is it may be based on your own jealousy.Of course there are affluent families that attend but there is also plenty of middle class families such as ours. The school is not perfect and if it is not what you are looking for then you need to make the choice to leave. My husband and I have had many experiences at St.Ray's and for the most part they have been wonderful! God bless to all who attend and still feel left out. I hope that you will see that we are not all the same. Let's all be there for our children and try to inspire them by living a truly Catholic as well as Christian way of life . Gossip and ostracizing does not belong at any school!

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 5

Posted June 16, 2011
My children have attended this school for a number of years. We are very happy with administration, teachers and academics. As far as gossiping goes, you will find it at any school if you look for it. My advice to parents that are worried about it is to avoid these people, if parents would simply drop off their children and go on with their way there would be less gossiping. As for the gossipers, you must be doing it because you are not happy at the school so you should probably go elsewhere or quit complaining to every ear that will listen.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
The different grade levels have their own section of the school. Preschool-1st in one section of the building,2 & 3,4& 5, jr. high each have their own section of the building. A lot of parent involvement.The faith family program where diferent grade levels are grouped to together to form a family to learn about each other and the catholic faith. Caring staff and teachers.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 1

Posted April 09, 2010
Like most of the other reviews, if you are not a wealthy person or own a business, you get shunned from the rest. When you watch the cars pull in to the lot filled with non-working moms driving the newest autos and kids with the best of everything, it doesn't really help portray the spirit of being a good Catholic. The kids are treated differently is they are from affluent families. If you own an auto dealership or run a bank you and your kids will fit in great. If not, go to St, Pauls or St. Jude for a lesson on what it is to be raised as a good Catholic.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 1

Posted October 15, 2008
I would recommend that families stay away from St. Raymond school. Favoritism is out of control from the classrooms to athletics. Parents who are hired as teachers have motives and objectives that are self serving. Parents who are coaching will one day learn that their child is not headed for the pros, but in the mean time they cheat the other children out of a lot of fun. There are a few great teachers, but overall the educators just aren't there. Not a good place for our children to witness our Catholic faith.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 2

Posted September 17, 2008
My children currently attend St. Ray's but this will be their last. There is little to no sense of community among the parents and the cliques of these parents are difficult if not impossible to join for someone new to the area. Although my own friendships are not a reason I'd chose a school the issue does come into play when invites for get-togethers outside of class are not forthcoming for a student who seems to be generally liked in class. The lack of inclusion has disappointed me and hurt my children. Academics at St. Ray's are average at best. Parental involvement is low, due in part to the unfriendly reception 'new' or 'unknown' parents receive at volunteer opportunities.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School 0

Posted December 26, 2007
The parents at this school behave far worse than the children that attend there. Gossip and cliques. Terrible.

Cathedral Of St Raymond School
608 North Raynor Avenue, Joliet, IL  60435
Last modified Cathedral Of St Raymond School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Cathedral Of St Raymond School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top