Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I don't think teachers would be effective when there are 36 kids to one teacher

We were new to the area and I signed my daughter up for school. Open House night the day before school started we went in to drop off supplies and meet the teacher. She was great, the school, however was not. 36 kids to one class!!! the desks were so squeezed together you couldn't even walk in the classroom. Also, a mom yells at the teacher open house night and says "I'm making it clear right now, that my son doesn't do homework, so he will be excluded from any assignments" I left the open house crying because I knew I couldn't send our daughter to a packed school where she would not be able to receive the attention she needs should she struggle at all. I went back the next day and spoke to the teacher and picked up supplies and she told me she thought I was doing the right thing. It's sad when a teacher knows that the classroom won't do well because of being overcrowded. I hope they are able to get more space or put limits on classroom sizes.

I attended this school about 20 years ago and I have the best memories. So when I got the opportunity to enroll my kids I was more than excited. However, it turned out to be a true nightmare. This school has completely gone down hill. My 2 sons were bullied and jumped at least weekly (ages 9 and 8). When my 8 year old told his teacher that the boy was poking him with a pencil in the neck she brushed him off and told him to stop turning around. His neck was so red when he got home! My sister had to start walking my kids to school to stop them from getting jumped my the other kids. That didn't help because they had their older sister from Hufford come threaten my sister and the crossing guard that was witnessing the bullying! After speaking with the principle several times and after my kids 15th or 16th fight the final straw came when a boy caught my son from behind, tapped on his shoulder, and when he turned the boy stabbed him in the eye. I pulled them all out of school that day and enrolled them at Taft. The never caught the boy and though my son was in pain they didn't call me to tell me about the incident. This scool is HORRIBLE!

Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

Last modified Carl Sandburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.