Joliet, IL

Carl Sandburg Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2013
I attended this school about 20 years ago and I have the best memories. So when I got the opportunity to enroll my kids I was more than excited. However, it turned out to be a true nightmare. This school has completely gone down hill. My 2 sons were bullied and jumped at least weekly (ages 9 and 8). When my 8 year old told his teacher that the boy was poking him with a pencil in the neck she brushed him off and told him to stop turning around. His neck was so red when he got home! My sister had to start walking my kids to school to stop them from getting jumped my the other kids. That didn't help because they had their older sister from Hufford come threaten my sister and the crossing guard that was witnessing the bullying! After speaking with the principle several times and after my kids 15th or 16th fight the final straw came when a boy caught my son from behind, tapped on his shoulder, and when he turned the boy stabbed him in the eye. I pulled them all out of school that day and enrolled them at Taft. The never caught the boy and though my son was in pain they didn't call me to tell me about the incident. This scool is HORRIBLE!

Carl Sandburg Elementary School 4

Posted April 12, 2008

Carl Sandburg Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2007
Excellent, excellent, excellent!!!

Carl Sandburg Elementary School
1100 Lilac Lane, Joliet, IL  60435
Last modified Carl Sandburg Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carl Sandburg Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top