La Grange Park, IL

Posted February 21, 2014
I have to say, my daughter and son have found Naz to be great. There are different groups of friends, but as far as "cliques" go, try finding a HS that does not have that. There are wealthy kids, middle class kids and struggling families. We are one of the struggling families and I have never found anything but kindness and respect for the school, teachers and students. My daughter and son would agree. Stellar academics, compassionate staff and a wonderful, faithful community.

Nazareth Academy 2

Posted December 27, 2013
Agree with the comment below - not a very good school and cliquey. For a private school, the college acceptance list is pretty poor and local, with a few exceptions. Also not very diverse at all. Personally, I'm not a very big fan. There are so many better options than Naz. On the plus side, the teachers are very liberal and accepting.

Nazareth Academy 1

Posted May 27, 2013
As a recent former student, I would not recommend Nazareth. It was super cliquey (rich popular kids vs. poorer kids) and just a pretty bad experience all together. Unlike some of the surrounding public and private schools, most years students don't get into any Ivy League schools and mainly stick to schools in the Midwest. I really enjoyed my college experience, but I would definitely not send my children here.

Posted June 13, 2012
Nazareth Academy is a phenomenal school! No matter who you are, you can always find your niche here. Speaking from personal experience, I never had to have designer things or party hard in order to be accepted! I was a band geek and a science nerd how much more of an outcast can you be? Yet I still ended up with TONS of friends and an overcrowded phonebook! In fact, Nazareth s students and faculty are akin to a very large and supportive family. Offering a myriad of extracurricular activities and sports, I promise you that, here at Naz, you will never get bored. If you re a smarty-pants like myself, it is a wonderful school academic wise, consisting of challenging courses and resourceful teachers and staff. If, like the student of the parent who posted her review on 1/1/11, you are a student and finding a hard time getting to know people or struggling with friends, classes, or any other kind of stress, Nazareth has a fabulous guidance staff at your service! I cannot tell you just how helpful these staff members are, especially when you are applying to college. You just must see for yourself! If you are at all interested in this school, I highly recommend a visit! :)

Posted November 20, 2011
Nazareth is one of the most accepting and open schools I've ever seen! I was really nervous to go to Naz because I didn't know many people. But thanks to the tons of sports and activities I did, my friends came right to me! The other statement about not being accepted if you don't "party" is completely wrong. I refuse to drink and party like that and I have the best friends a guy can ask for.

Nazareth Academy 3

Posted January 01, 2011
nazareth is a fantastic school for academics. HOWEVER, the students are not very kind or open to many different people. My daughter is shy and was not excepted at nazareth and it saddened me deeply because she loved the school but the students never warmed up to her. I suggest if you do not have designer things or let your child party i suggest not letting them attend because they will not be excepted by their peers.

Posted March 18, 2010
Fantastic school that really cares about the overall development of its students, including their spiritual well-being. Besides many strong sports programs, it has a very professional Drama department that develops extremely high quality productions of musicals and plays each year.

Nazareth Academy 0

Posted December 07, 2009
Nazareth in an outstanding school, not only acedemics, put their professionalism, kowledge and mentoring of parents on the road to college. They listen when you talk, they are fair & open to complaints about staff. The only level I felt was not warm was many of the parents, not friendly or diverse. Many still have their heads under a rock about different cultures, sex orientnation etc.

Posted January 15, 2009
Simply a great school all around. Good sports program, not outstanding, but its competitive. Not to mention the faculty is always there to help if anyone needs it, student or parent. The academics in my point of view are excellent, such a school that has an ACT average higher than the national average. So, if you're looking for a school that provides excellent education n at the same time equal opportunities for everyone in sports, academics, or other extra curricular activities, Nazareth is the way to go.

Posted March 23, 2007