9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Nazareth Academy was an elite college prep high school that gave me the tools and path to take my education and life to the next level. The guidance team was especially helpful in making sure I was on time and properly prepared for my transition to college. While I attended Naz, the school was just transitioning into the ESCC and struggled to draw athletic talent. This has changed drastically as of late; however, hopefully not at the expense of the classroom. Naz was a place where I met life long friends and mentors and have very fond memories of my time.

I made a huge mistake going here. I am currently a junior and I absolutely hate it at Naz. They are ridiculous. They are starting forced consent drug tests, and to me, naz is not nearly a good enough school to do this. I didn't agree to this when I chose to attend naz and it deeply saddens me to think about what will happen when naz realizes half the school is actually on drugs. Nazareth is very fake, the only nice parts of the school are the parts that parents will see. The administration is terrible and they treat students with no respect unless they are an honors student etc. Students get into mostly local colleges. Going to naz is not worth the money you will pay. The students here treat each other terribly and it is not the "second home" that they claim to be.

I have to say, my daughter and son have found Naz to be great. There are different groups of friends, but as far as "cliques" go, try finding a HS that does not have that. There are wealthy kids, middle class kids and struggling families. We are one of the struggling families and I have never found anything but kindness and respect for the school, teachers and students. My daughter and son would agree. Stellar academics, compassionate staff and a wonderful, faithful community.

Agree with the comment below - not a very good school and cliquey. For a private school, the college acceptance list is pretty poor and local, with a few exceptions. Also not very diverse at all. Personally, I'm not a very big fan. There are so many better options than Naz. On the plus side, the teachers are very liberal and accepting.

As a recent former student, I would not recommend Nazareth. It was super cliquey (rich popular kids vs. poorer kids) and just a pretty bad experience all together. Unlike some of the surrounding public and private schools, most years students don't get into any Ivy League schools and mainly stick to schools in the Midwest. I really enjoyed my college experience, but I would definitely not send my children here.

Nazareth Academy is a phenomenal school! No matter who you are, you can always find your niche here. Speaking from personal experience, I never had to have designer things or party hard in order to be accepted! I was a band geek and a science nerd how much more of an outcast can you be? Yet I still ended up with TONS of friends and an overcrowded phonebook! In fact, Nazareth s students and faculty are akin to a very large and supportive family. Offering a myriad of extracurricular activities and sports, I promise you that, here at Naz, you will never get bored. If you re a smarty-pants like myself, it is a wonderful school academic wise, consisting of challenging courses and resourceful teachers and staff. If, like the student of the parent who posted her review on 1/1/11, you are a student and finding a hard time getting to know people or struggling with friends, classes, or any other kind of stress, Nazareth has a fabulous guidance staff at your service! I cannot tell you just how helpful these staff members are, especially when you are applying to college. You just must see for yourself! If you are at all interested in this school, I highly recommend a visit! :)

Nazareth is one of the most accepting and open schools I've ever seen! I was really nervous to go to Naz because I didn't know many people. But thanks to the tons of sports and activities I did, my friends came right to me! The other statement about not being accepted if you don't "party" is completely wrong. I refuse to drink and party like that and I have the best friends a guy can ask for.

nazareth is a fantastic school for academics. HOWEVER, the students are not very kind or open to many different people. My daughter is shy and was not excepted at nazareth and it saddened me deeply because she loved the school but the students never warmed up to her. I suggest if you do not have designer things or let your child party i suggest not letting them attend because they will not be excepted by their peers.

Fantastic school that really cares about the overall development of its students, including their spiritual well-being. Besides many strong sports programs, it has a very professional Drama department that develops extremely high quality productions of musicals and plays each year.

Last modified Nazareth Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12