Bad
Good

Posted January 22, 2014
I attended this school over 20 years ago and have to say that now having children of my own in grammar and middle school, this school is by far the best school I have experienced. Great memories, great children, great teachers, and an all around semiperfect neighborhood. Thanks Cossitt! I learned so much from this school and it has made a major impact on my education. I am now in a masters program and see maybe a doctorate in the near future.

Posted September 06, 2013
I am now a freshman in HS, and all I can say is, thank you Cossitt for the amazing memories. The six years I spent at Cossitt were the absolute best years of my life, and every single day I miss it. The teachers are beyond extraordinary, they truly connect with you and they made my experience the best possible. Cossitt is a community, everyone is friends and just everything about it, the school, the teachers, the students...it prepared me to be the best person I could be and truly left a mark on my heart. No school, not my middle school nor high school come close to Cossitt. Thank you for the memories and the best six years someone could ask for! Cossitteers for life!

Posted April 16, 2010
There are caring, nurturing teachers, exceptional programs that help students succeed in school and beyond the classroom.

Posted March 13, 2006
Wonderful school! Outstanding principal attracts quality teaching staff and provides excellent leadership. High quality academic program, plus music, art, PE, good school library/use of technology. Extracurricular available in music, performing arts, student council, 5th/6th grade intramural sports. Extensive parent involvement, high contributing PTC. Outstanding school community spirit with emphasis on social emotional learning (active teaching/use of respect practices among students and between students and teachers, good school community citizenship, student/class involvement in class norms, etc.; seemlessly interwoven throughout the day and classes. Very successful, high impact, one month cultural learning program (one per each grade)interspersed in all subjects: eg Japan, Ellis Island, Pioneer Life, Africa, Rain Forest, Medieval Life.

Posted October 23, 2004
I have had two children complete all 7 years at Cossitt School and have come away with a wonderful experience. We toyed with the Catholic School System, which was completely full at the time, and have never regretted sending them to Cossitt. Even though the school is old and in the heart of a downtown business district, the principal, and staff are excellent and always striving to be better. The parent involvement is very high and you always feel welcome. I have had two children that are in the 90-95% on testing and have felt challanged. I've had one child struggle and has received tons of support. The real eye opener was when I sent two kids to a different Junior High (since I moved to South LaGrange) and found that they were way ahead of the rest of the class. School District 102 is an excellent school system.

Posted June 07, 2004
I'm wondering which school this person attended. They would have to go back 13 years (I checked) to get to a place where they could have been involved with three principals. My child, well above average in performance, has had an excellent education in all areas with special opportunities afforded to all children in fine arts, PE, outstanding literature and an excellent math program. The focus the school has on the school climate has made it an outstanding learning environment where children of varying backgrounds learn to get along well with one another. We have loved it here and even planned our move to a bigger home to be sure we stayed within the school's attendance boundaries.

Cossitt Ave Elementary School 2

Posted February 23, 2004
While our children attend Cossitt, we experienced three different principals - all less than stellar. Teaching staff worked well with most students and parents, although there were exceptions. We felt some of the basic fundamentals were not adequately taught, and resorted to after school tutoring at times, in some subjects (English and math). If your child attends Cossitt, I hope he/she is an 'average' student, for we felt the school less than ideal for students either struggling with - or exceeding the class 'norm'.

Cossitt Ave Elementary School
115 West Cossitt Ave, La Grange, IL  60525
Last modified Cossitt Ave Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.