La Grange, IL
Students enrolled: 3,883

Posted May 13, 2015
Great school with such amazing and supportive staff! LT has some of the most superior teachers in the state that go above and beyond for their students. I developed strong bonds with several of my teachers while attending to make my experience more enjoyable and productive. High School is a difficult time for a teenager and the special and specifc attention I received at LT really helped that trasitionary period be smoother and easier.

Posted August 07, 2014
LT is a great school that provides us with excellent classes and extra-curricular activities! I also like how you have to take responsibility for what you have to do instead of being treated like little kids!! As far as the teachers and principals not telling the parents that the student is failing is completely and utterly the students fault for one not working as hard as the teachers want an two there is no need for a teacher calling a parent when the student is a teenager and should take full responsibility for there grades and turning in work that they forgot or missed!!! The teachers don't make it that hard to be consistent with the work and they show you how to take responsibility for one of the only thing you have to work for! Your Education.

Lyons Twp High School 2

Posted October 12, 2013
The school itself is good as far as eduacation but some of their policies are very stupid. They suspend people for little things and treat it like the school is in a bad neighborhood by having police there 24/7. The principals are not very nice and take everything way too seriously.

Posted February 04, 2013
My daughter goes to this school and Lyons is an excellent high school. She works very hard to get good grade.The post on 7/18/2012 is totally wrong.

Lyons Twp High School 4

Posted January 30, 2013
I can't wait to send my two boys to LTHS! They haven't even started preschool yet, but I'm excited and will be so proud to be sending them to the school I graduated from. I feel it's a great school and say with pride that I'm an LT alumni!

Posted September 20, 2012
I would love to send my son to this school. This is where his older sisters graduated and where I attended. He, unfortunately, goes to Proviso West High School. Just horrible.

Lyons Twp High School 1

Posted July 18, 2012
Worst school ever! Terrible! Never sending any of my kids there again! Everything was just terrible from the teachers to the principal. My kid almost failed and no one bother to tell me! I am disgusted at this school!

Posted January 15, 2009
The dear old school of gold and blue. Overall it has been a great school for our two boys . Mr Franson the principal is a caring person for the students. He is dedication to the distric as will as the teachers.

Lyons Twp High School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
LT is a fantastic school. The teachers are so caring and dedicated to the students. They allow students to come in before and after school daily for extra help. A large variety of course levels is offered, easily meeting students' academic needs. However, the bus service has been extremely frustrating. The bus can be either twenty minutes early or twenty minutes late and the kids have no idea what to expect. They can potentially be standing out in below zero temperatures, waiting for the bus, for up to forty minutes!

Lyons Twp High School

Posted November 07, 2008
Lyons Township is an excellent school. Overall, the teachers are first-rate, with the occasional exception that one can expect from any large organization. They show dedication to teaching and to their students and many will do whatever they can to help students succeed. The school has a diverse curriculum and has educational programs for every academic level. The school atmosphere is in control with students and teachers showing mutual respect for each other. The school takes drug and alcohol use seriously and will eject any student found connected to alcohol and illegal drug use from participating in extracurricular activities, (this includes off campus behavior). The student body is reasonably diverse with respect to household income and ethnicity. The arts and sports programs at LT are outstanding. My daughter is in the LT orchestra and the program is nationally recognized and award winning. I am amazed at the number of students whose parents are LT Alumni. They feel so strongly about their LT experience that they relocate to the district to raise their children. I think that is the ultimate testament to the school.

Lyons Twp High School
100 South Brainard Avenue, La Grange, IL  60525
Last modified Lyons Twp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lyons Twp High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top