PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

My experience with St. Cletus has been wonderful so far! We came from Chicago and have been welcomed with open arms. A few teachers haven't been our favorites (some of them are leaving or retiring conveniently), but you know, that was true through my academic career, too. Even the ones we didn't particular care for, I still feel my children received quality instruction. We've had two instances where we had conversations with both the president and principal. In both cases, the matters were resolved quickly and to our complete satisfaction. It's a great school and we're so happy we came here. Looking forward to our years ahead! Thank you, St. Cletus!

I am surprised that St. Cletus got such good reviews considering everything I hear the parents say about it especially about the principal and president. My daughter went here for several years and I found the administration to be fake and rule with an iron fist. They claim to be Christian yet I felt they lacked Christian values of empathy and kindness. They also do not encourage children that are gifted by trying to place them in appropriate classes even if that means sending them to the high school. Anything outside of the box is too much for them to handle. They definitely have their favorites and the kids that they continue to reprimand more than others. Save your money and send them elsewhere.

I chose St. Cletus after attending an open house there many years ago because of the sense of community that it fostered. I had moved to LaGrange from the city and had no idea about the schools in the area. The second I stepped into St. Cletus, it felt like home.

As an alumnus of St. Cletus I would like to tell you why I rated this school so poorly. During my fourth grade parent teacher conference my teacher and the principle, Mrs. Hillgoth told my parents that I would be nothing more than a C average student. Who would ever say that to a parent? Turns out the joke is on them. I went to an academically challenging high school(Fenwick) and was an honor roll student all four years there. I even got into every college I applied to! This school does nothing, but label you and treat you horribly. Be smart, go to St. Francis.

I have two children at St. Cletus School and we could not be happier. The teachers are fantastic and the curriculum is challenging. It truly is a family environment. My children, husband, and I have forged wonderful friendships with the other school families. I highly recommend the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Obviously some teachers are more effective than others, but overall the staff at St. Cletus is outstanding.

I have two children at St. Cletus and couldn't be happier with the school and the community. The teachers have also been wonderful for my children.

I have two kids excelling in college that started here and a third still there. We are thrilled with the school and the people of LaGrange/Countryside. This school prepares students as well as any school I have seen.

As a parishioner for over 13 years and a school parent for nearly 10 years, I can honestly say St. Cletus is much more than a wonderful school. There's a true family atmosphere both in and outside the classroom, and our family has formed many close relationships with many St Cletus families. Children are educated in an environment where parents and families are active participants in the school community. Contray to another puzzling post on this site, St Cletus is far more diverse school than most others in the area and this is why we chose to become part of the community. I couldn't be happier with our experience there. Faculty, parish / school staff, and families are all second to none.

We were at this school for 11/2. 5th & part of 6th grade. Teachers were fine. Parents, kids are terrible. Pretentious and very cliquey. If you are not rich, you have no voice. The rich kids bully the other kids and you have no recourse. My son was never given a chance by the other boys and I was rarely spoken to. Very unfriendly people. Administration only cares about the families who can donate money. I was a single, working mom and was judged negatively because I worked. The other moms are as deep as a bath. There is no diversity at St. Cletus. The rich families run all the sports and events, so their kids and their friends get all the good playing times. They price events so high$, that only the clique can afford to go. We could'nt wait to leave. Moved across the country and never looked back. Just wanted to give a heads up. Don't waste your money. It is very expensive to get treated badly.

Last modified St Cletus Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8