Lake Forest, IL

Sheridan Elementary School

Posted October 04, 2009
Great school, wonderful staff, and the kids seem to love it here! For these grade levels, it would be hard to do better...Thanks.

Sheridan Elementary School 5

Posted March 25, 2007
I have been a Sheridan parent for nearly 7 years now, and in that time have found Sheridan to be both a nurturing and challenging environment for my children. When conflicts arise between children, they are resolved promptly in a most caring manner. A child will receive the utmost quality of extra help either socially or academically if they should require it. Parental involvement has declined somewhat in the recent years, seemingly due to some longtime local families either being transferred due to employment reasons or mothers returning to full-time work, but overall it is still excellent. The 2 principals we have been fortunate to have in the 7 year span my children have been students at Sheridan have been excellent leaders, approachable, involved and responsive.

Sheridan Elementary School 3

Posted November 13, 2006
I am not pleased with Sheridan's curriculum. The school activities are disorganized and not well attended due to this. I was told that it hasn't always been this way. A new principal arrived last year.

Sheridan Elementary School 5

Posted October 04, 2006
I have been extremely pleased with Sheridan School. Parental involvement and small classroom sizes really make this a unique environment for children to excel. Also, they offer great art and music programs. They put on two musicals each year that are very professionally done. My kids are eager every day to get up and ready for school. They really love school. In my opinion, all the kids are gifted by having the privilege of attending such a positive nurturing environment. They have the opportunity to truly be kids! In all the years I have been through Sheridan, I can see they constantly are doing standardized and pullout testing of the kids. They would never hold a gifted child back. Keep up the good work Sheridan Sharks. By the way, we all love the new principal, Dr. Debbie Feeney! She's awesome.

Sheridan Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2005
Not a good school for gifted children, despite what we were told before we moved here. We were promised much enrichment, but now face private school bills because Sheridan doesn 't challenge very bright pupils. Our kindergartener came to school already reading, got virtually no help the entire year, although we provided WPPSI assessment (they never discussed it with us) and followed through (to no avail). The 'enrichment specialist' assigned to her (half hour only per week--only after mid-year) showed no familiarity with gifted education. Everyone is 'nice' at Sheridan, but do not send your child there if exceptional/advanced. This school teaches only to the middle and the bottom.

Sheridan Elementary School
1360 North Sheridan Road, Lake Forest, IL  60045
Last modified Sheridan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheridan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top