St Alphonsus/St Patrick School 2

Posted December 22, 2011
To make it simple, the school is small but I have not found it to be personal at all. My child's individual needs were not met and no attempt was made to meet those needs. For me, there was a gross lack of issue recognition by the staff and administration and a gross lack of follow through and implementation of solutions when problems arise. On a positive note, their test scores are very good, but I imagine there are other schools also with good test scores. I feel the teachers and administration do not take a holistic approach to education and the parents concerns are not appropriately addressed. Its a shame being that the school is so small and has the potential to be great. If you are a parent who is involved and appreciates your concerns being properly addressed, this school might not be for you.

Posted October 01, 2008

Posted July 30, 2008
I am one three siblings going to this school. We all love the faculty, students, and of course the school it's self. This school is an amazing school.

Posted April 16, 2008
I have had kids at St. Al's/St. Pat's for 10+ years - it has been a great experience for us. Since my oldest have moved on to high school, It is easy to see the great education they received at the school. Every year most of our 8th grade students score at the top of their high school placements tests & are honor roll students at their high schools. Our students test among the highest in the area (if not the highest) on the Terra Nova tests. They also have a great athletics program that stresses getting as many kids as possible to participate in boys & girls volleyball & basketball and cheerleading - they also offer a Football program through the Parish.

Posted November 30, 2007
We've been at this school since the fall of 2001. I was impressed with welcoming attitude I felt the minute I stepped into this quaint, family oriented school. It is one of the few Catholic schools that offers weekly mass to our students (we came from another Catholic school) that only had it twice a month. Throughout these years, like it happens in many families, we've encountered rocky roads, but the family atmosphere, loyalty, and support from by many fellow parents in this school prevailed in these circumstances. Religion is incorporated in every aspect of the wonderful education that St.Al's/St. Pat's offers. If we had to do again, yes, we would send our kids to this school.

Posted May 04, 2007
We researched all the schools in the area before we chose St. Al s/St. Pat s. We have been here for six years and not once have we regretted our decision. It is small school with a family atmosphere. The teachers are excellent. We feel our children s individual needs are taken into consideration. The students continually test well above the national average on standardized tests. Most of the students are usually on the honor roll in high school. We love the idea of being in one school for K through 8th. We are extremely happy with the school.

St Alphonsus/St Patrick School 4

Posted March 29, 2007
- a former student
Our children have been attending St. Als & St. Pats for six years. We have been very pleased with the teachers at the school - they can really teach kids! They have an ideal combination of strict classroom standards, extraordinary expectations of students and a warm and caring attitude toward the children and their parents. What is very important to us as parents is the strong morals and values that are reinforced everyday in school. Children learn to live by 'The Golden Rule' - priceless is today's society and impossible to enforce in a public school setting. While we think the Lemont Public Schools are very good schools, we selected this environment for our kids because of its small size, religious education and strong moral component. We got lucky - the academics are excellent! Graduates go on to earn scholarships to many nearby private college prep programs. Overall, an extraordinary school!

Posted February 11, 2007
My family became part of the St Al's - St. Pat's Family 4 years ago. Every time I am in the building I am reminded of the reason I wanted my daughter to attend St. Al's - St. Pat's; It is a warm, friendly, mind-evolving environment. Each and every facility member shows a great deal of respect toward all of the children and parents, they make it a wonderful place to be. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted February 07, 2007
We have been part of the St. Al's/St. Pat's school family since 2001. We chose this school for our children because learning about their faith was just as important to us as their academics. This school succeeds at providing a wonderful learning atmosphere for my kids with caring, dedicated teachers, strong academics and the ability to learn about, appreciate and practice their faith without inhibition, something that would not be possible at our local public schools. St. Al's/St. Pat's school is a small school where all the children know one another. It is definitely a family atmosphere where parental involvement is welcome. My children are thriving both socially and academically and we all could not be happier with our choice.

Posted January 11, 2007
My children have been at St.Al's/St.Pat's for 4 years. They are thriving academically and socially. They have formed close friendships with the kids that are in the school. They are happy, confident, well rounded kids. They love school! They really enjoy the specials, like computer class and Great Books. I appreciate that parents are always welcomed to participate in classroom/school activities. And it also pleases me to see that the 8th graders coming from our school are choosing to go to college prep high schools (many with an academic scholarship) and that they are well prepared for these schools. Overall I feel that our family made a great choice in St. Al's/St. Pat's.

St Alphonsus/St Patrick School
20w145 Davey Rd, Lemont, IL  60439
Last modified St Alphonsus/St Patrick School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Alphonsus/St Patrick School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top