K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Sadly, I'm disappointed with St. Cyril Kdg. I can only comment on KDG. The curriculum needs change. It is very boring, with the same worksheets every day. The kids color every morning 2 worksheets then go on to same routine. Where is the creativity? Why are most of their specials in one day? Art, music and computers are on Thurs. Why not separate them out. Instead of having them color have them draw something etc. There are so many ways to make learning fun! Many kids are saying they are bored and at age 5, it's heartbreaking to hear so soon. Everyday for indoor recess, they play with playdoh. Why are our 5 year olds seated most of the day? Why not have them play duck duck goose one day, another day playdoh. Change things up! I was also disappointed in the teacher. She did not love teaching. I heard her say this just started and I wish it was already over. She yells at the kids, which she calls being stern. She does not know how to deal with small children. If they have a bad day, redirect them not put them down! Some parents complain that the teacher did not respond to their email. We are a team and should be communicated with! I also believe all parents should be invited to field trips with this age group and weekly mass for a 5 year is a lot (kids cry) especially if you attend church also Sunday. Introducing them slowly to that much church I think will benefit them. I do like that we are sent weekly updates from principal and teacher. The teachers aide is wonderful and most students are pretty sweet to each other.

SSCM is a wonderful school community and we couldn't be happier. Along with a quality education there are so many fantastic opportunities for the students such as joining various clubs, athletics, and being involved with parish activities. SSCM is a nurturing environment for students and families are warmly greeted when they visit. I strongly recommend visiting SSCM!

SS Cyril & Methodius is a well rounded Catholic school that exceeds all needs of the students. The education our children receive is far above expectations and the extra curricular activities available provide for a well rounded program. The teachers truly care about the students and will meet with you, discuss and follow through on their promises. Our children are ready for high school and beyond. I have 3 children here and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The parish is strong and the environment is the "welcome home" feeling that our entire family loves!

This is my seventh year (with three children) at SS Cyril and Methodius School and I can honestly say this was the best choice for my Child's education. From a very early age my children were reading, using iPads/Smartboards, and taught public speaking in 2nd grade! This school creates leaders through a challenging curriculum, yet caters to those gifted students who may need the extra help in finding their way. The teachers care and want these students to go on to great high schools & colleges; I have personally worked with the Special Resources Counselor who is excellent in finding a program that will make my daughter succeed without letting go of the challenge. This is NOT a place where kids get a prize for showing up, but a place where the prize is a quality Catholic education at a great value. Kudos to the team at this school - my kids are behaved, well-rounded and most importantly HAPPY!

Poor leadership and lack of interest in aspiring for higher standards. Teachers are stagnant and do not aspire growth and professional development, with the exception of a select few. Many changes need to be made to this school from all levels to compete with the surrounding catholic grade schools.

The kindergarten teachers leave much to be desired. I have seen first hand the lack of classroom management skills one teacher has and heard from other parents that the second kindergarten teacher should have retired years ago. I'm not sure how the other grade level teachers are but kindergarten is a huge disappointment.

i am in 6th grade at this school and i can honestly tell you this is a great school. the academics are not easy, but the teachers really care for when you have a bad grade. the teachers are nice, enthusiastic, and just down right funny. if you are a parent looking for a good school in lemont, il, i strongly suggest coming here

This school is a really great school. Ireally love going here becuase the teachers are really kind.I think this is the best school in lemont!

Last modified Ss Cyril & Methodius School is a Private school that serves grades K-8