Lemont, IL

Posted July 18, 2013
Montessori School of Lemont offers a superb program for both elementary and preschool children. As a former student of the school, (pre-school-5th grade) I will forever cherish my montessori education. The montessori method used here gets children excited about learning. The grounds are beautiful and develop every year to meet the growing needs of the school. Teachers here are passionate about their jobs and will go great lengths to meet the needs of each and every student. As a college student, I am still involved at the school and my younger brother is currently enrolled here. The education I recieved from this school jumpstarted my love of learning, and I will continue to come back for more!

Posted February 20, 2012
Great school excellent teachers. KIids can really bloom as they are not held back and can learn at their own rate

Posted April 28, 2011
We are very happy with the quality of the teachers, staff and administration. They provide an excellent educational environment for our children. People wondering about Montessori really need to look into the Montessori approach to education used at the Lemont Montessori School.

Posted April 28, 2011
Sending my 2 children to this school was the best thing I could have done for their education. Both of my children transitioned beautifully to new schools and have always been ahead of their classmates. The independence and love for self learning has given them the confidence to become leaders in their respective classes. My children are often invited back by their Montessori teachers to work in the classrooms. I would highly recommend this school.

Montessori Elementary School Of Southwest Cook Cty 4

Posted April 15, 2011
The teachers are great, and the admin is always willing to speak with parents. We love the location and beautiful campus as well. No complaints and can't understand why people would have some.

Posted April 07, 2011
Montessori School of Lemont provides a respectful, supportive learning environment for my son. The students are thoughtful, happy and focused. Their academic and social development is amazing. Family / School relationships are developed and nurtured as can be demonstrated by the many families that have multi-generational history with Montessori of Lemont.

Montessori Elementary School Of Southwest Cook Cty 1

Posted August 05, 2010
It is with a sad heart that I write this review. This is a school my husband and I wholeheartedly supported for several years. When we had to transfer our child to another school because of a job relocation, we discovered our child was two whole grades behind academically. This came as a shock to us considering we had been told that our child had been progressing nicely and is right where she ought to be at every conference. When we immediately brought our concerns to the board of the school (the adminstrators would not directly speak with us about this matter), the school took no responsibility for this. For two of the years our child attended, the teacher left for maternity leave during the school year and both times she was not replaced by a trained Montessori directress. Needless to say, that class was woefully behind academically.

Montessori Elementary School Of Southwest Cook Cty 1

Posted November 14, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008
My son has been here for two years, coming from a Montessori toddler program at another school, and he has grown academically in leaps and bounds. His teachers are very patient and caring and very knowledgeable. I love the campus and the fact that he is surrounded by nature. He can garden in the spring and sled in the winter. The administration is wonderful and really listens to parents' needs. Coming from a school that was constant fundraising and asking for money for the endowment all the time, it's so refreshing that this school is not like that. I feel as though they really care about our family and not just about our money. The parent education at the school is excellent with great speakers and topics. I know my son will be here until he graduates 8th grade.

Posted September 30, 2008
Prior to enrolling my daughter at this school, the administrator encouraged me to visit other Montessori schools. After observing a number of different schools, I recognized that any school can call itself Montessori, but only a select few are true to Maria Montessori's philosophy. This school is an authentic Montessori school. My daughter is now in her 4th year at the school and has blossomed under the care and guidance of her classroom teacher. My experience as a parent has only been positive and I can't wait for my second child to begin at the school.

Montessori Elementary School Of Southwest Cook Cty
16427 West 135th Street, Lemont, IL  60439
Last modified Montessori Elementary School Of Southwest Cook Cty is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori Elementary School Of Southwest Cook Cty Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top