Bad
Good

Lincoln Community High School 2

Posted August 29, 2012
Well if you want your children in sports and they're not wealthy or extremely great, don't look for them to make the team, or play at all!!! This school is super political!! I attended this school almost 20 years ago and it has not changed this policy!! I feel sorry for the great students who pour their heart and soul into a sport and have to sit by and watch the other students play, just because who they are, not by their talent!

Lincoln Community High School 2

Posted March 13, 2009
I'm currently finishing out my senior year at LCHS. I've been there all four years now and I've got to say that the school lacks greatly. I was in all accelerated classes yet very, very few teachers actually challenge the students. It's basically memorize 'this' and spit 'that' back out. They're too stubborn to change what they've been doing for years and they still don't realize how they teach is poor to student's learning. I've been to other schools throughout my high school years, by extracurriculars, and I really understood why LCHS is so far behind. Schools like SHS and Normal West are pushing their students and challenging them, whereas Lincoln doesn't. LCHS does have some good teachers and an o.k. student body. But for incoming students, I'd definitely look into other high schools, private or not, just somewhere better than LCHS.

Lincoln Community High School 4

Posted April 11, 2006
I love this School. It is a very good one for your kids to go to. They have a lot of sports. Not all kids there are bad. (Some might do bad things but the teachers there try to help them change).

Lincoln Community High School 3

Posted January 05, 2005
I attended LCHS for all four years of high school and now I attend a state university. My first semester of college was extremely overwhelming. I felt totally unprepared for the level of work - even though I was in accelerated classes throughout high school and maintained high grades. In the areas of science and spanish I felt prepared, even compared to many of my suburban peers. However, the Saxon math books used at LCHS are horrible and I was not prepared in geometry. The high-level math teachers were good, but the low-level math teachers seemed to care as little as the students. Perhaps more problematic than the curriculum are the students. The students' behavior is more decadent every year. Not only are the test scores below the state average, but the teenage pregnancy rates and dropout rates are outrageous. I would suggest looking into a private high school, regardless of the cost.

Lincoln Community High School
1000 Primm Road, Lincoln, IL  62656
Last modified Lincoln Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lincoln Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top