Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted November 19, 2015
Mrs. Shannon Mauro has been the greatest support to me throughout these past 4 years. I and my parents truly feel she is sincere in wanting me to do my very best. Having a disability in my Speech and learning, my communication & understanding of my lessons has been hindered by it. Her sincerity, compassion and most of all patience with me in my lessons has help me earn a high GPA which I strive to maintain. I am thankful that I have had Mrs. Shannon Mauro among my other teachers and the great TA..Emma Degan, who all also give me encouragement to achieve my best in all my classes. I thank you all and wil never forget you for all that you have done for me.

Posted July 10, 2015
We have been amazed with the environment and guidance provided by the staff at Stevenson High School. The opportunities and challenges provided by the school to our elder daughter is really unique. As a parent I wish we had attended a similar high school.

Posted February 23, 2015
A case of the good with the not so good. Great resources overall and they do a decent job with trying to manage the size (perhaps the largest school in Illinois) so kids don t get lost. There are some faculty that are very accessible and good for the kids. While the kids at the edges of the bell curve (gifted and the not so gifted) get lots of attention and do well, if you aren t in one of those two groups, i.e. the above average students, you pretty much gets shafted in this school. The chase for AP classes (by the administration)and grades at the high end(by students, parents and their co-facilitators in the faculty) put those who don t do either and are just interested in learning are at an extreme disadvantage. I say this as a parent of 3 graduates who are also now college graduates. In short, good school and certainly worth attending but not as good as the school administration thinks it is as they chase high ratings for the school instead of focusing on the all the students equally.

Posted October 22, 2014
This school is great, people that are saying how they were "emotionally destroyed" or "super stressed" shouldn't complain. This is high school, not vacation.

Adlai E Stevenson High School 2

Posted September 26, 2014
The school is well resourced. However the service is not good. One department does not talk with another. It takes multiple phone calls to get one problems solved.

Posted September 18, 2014
Excellent school. The best in the state. Sought out by transferees into the area. Our daughter is loving SHS. Teachers are very dedicated. Great sense of SHS pride by the student body. Would not want my children to attend any other school. 10++++

Posted April 09, 2014
I couldn't be happier w/ the academic & real world education SHS provided our kids! SHS provided great diverse peer groups, which encouraged ours to excel. Our kids learned & achieved far more @ SHS than they could have elsewhere. Students come from a wide range of backgrounds & econ. circumstances. SHS has exceptional teachers & administrators! Teachers positively influenced even our unmotivated nonconformist son who complained re SHS's discipline & pressure to conform while there. But today he praises SHS for preparing him well for college compared to students he's met. (And SHS provided him courses and trans. to/from CLC.) SHS helped our kids get into top tier colleges & prepared our kids incredibly well to learn & be independent at college. SHS has lots of extracurricular opportunities (our kids participated in band(s), swim team & lacrosse (despite minimal potential), clubs & academic teams) w/ great support from faculty & admin. Counselors were swamped by #s and college counselors pushed U of I & certain schools but did a good job overall. We dealt with security & deans due to adolescent decisions, and found them reasonable & focused on students best interests. GREAT SCHOOL!

Posted March 11, 2014
Great diversity, terrific college preparation Note: you need to be mature and dedicated to exceed. Stay on the path and the education can't be beat...Sky's the limit, however the competitive spirit is brutal, just as in adult life! Obviously the school can also get even better. They try to exceed standards, not just in tests. Can be a springboard for leaders...

Posted November 16, 2013
To all the parents complaining that the school is only centered on "superachievers", stop complaining. Stevenson may have a more intense atmosphere than some of the other surrounding high schools, but that's why it has had so much success. The staff and faculty wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't further challenge the students who were more receptive to the material. Another point I would like to make is the that vast majority of the reviewers writing complaints about the school are parents, not students. I'm a future student here and I'm excited despite the pressure because every student who attends Stevenson is given the opportunity of a lifetime to learn at the highest level offered to public school students. Don't let any of the blatantly inaccurate comments posted below keep you from sending your child to this school.

Posted September 26, 2013
Positive, encouraging and involved are the three key words here. With a child moving across continents in tennage years you can imagine the stress as a parent. The school hooistically made it easy . There is a long way to go and many logistics to solve for but early impressions are great. I am looking forward to the character building and education Vs schooling focus to bring in great outcomes for my child in the long run. Stevenson - i am watching you closely as I have high expectations of you as my child's alma mater!

Adlai E Stevenson High School
1 Stevenson Drive, Lincolnshire, IL  60069
Last modified Adlai E Stevenson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.