Rutledge Hall Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
-Music program :outstanding...4stars -Academic : disappointed...2stars -Bullying: not known of, but if it is true...SHOCK -Overall: not recommended People live in Lincolnwood have no choice because there is only this school in the area....maybe that is why there is no competition among institutions.

Posted October 25, 2012
We moved here from Hannah Solomon school when my son was in 2nd grade - he is now in 5th. We have been very happy with the teachers - they really care about him and try to make learning fun. Great ethnic diversity; music program is outstanding; excellent school!

Posted March 01, 2012
It should be noted that the above negative reviewers can be traced to the same family, whose son was a confirmed bully, not bullying victim. My children are very happy, well-adjusted, and the Lincolnwood schools offer wonderful opportunities, and a caring staff who adhere to best practice in the educational field.

Posted November 26, 2011
Bullying at all levels present, and passive approach by school administration. Teachers are mostly union, not motivated to do anything extra. Parents are threatened and children mistreated if any problem is put forward. Their curriculum is not even put up on website. At the much advertised coffee w principal, I was shocked to hear this principal respond to one of the parents about chess, said she had no idea and never heard of it as anything useful for child's development. You can go on with the amount of such ignorance and arrogance they display. Extremely disappointed and disillusioned uder current administration!!!

Rutledge Hall Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2011
To anyone moving to this school: brace your kid and yourself against bullying. Teachers and the principal just talk the talk but are ineffective in putting down a firm "ZERO TOLERANCE" policy in place. For some reason, their definition of bullying is not in sync with how the victimized kids and their parents perceive the situation. The recent curriculum night was a joke. We pay high property taxes and yet, academics are nothing to rave about either. This school is a big disappointment.

Rutledge Hall Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2011
Hello! We will be moving to the Lincolnwood area and my son is in 2nd grade. I know he would be going into the Todd Hall. He's currently in a great school which we are very happy with however, this school (Todd Hall) would be much closer to us. We're just wondering how good this school is? Seems like a very nice school.

Rutledge Hall Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2010
For the taxes we pay you would expect a better school than the one provided. It seems as if the tax payer's $ is put into aesthetic pleasentries and not into the core of the matter: academics. Bullying is indeed a problem and although my son has never been the victim his friends have been and it's unfortunate that nothing significant is done to prevent such issues. That being said, the teachers are very encouraging and insightful and have a zeal for teaching which is always a plus.

Posted December 14, 2009
I have two kids in the Lincolnwood School System and Rutledge Hall is extremely disappointing. They have excessive bullying problems in the school that the administration and teachers pay lip service too but ingore in action. As a result, I have pulled my son from the school. I would have worked with the school but the bullying history at Rutledge is quite extensive. My son has attempted to adjust and fit in for the last 1-1/2 years to no avail. The teachers are inconsistant in their supervision. My son has suffered academically and social as a result. We will be exploring the option of moving to a different district this summer. I would not recommend Rutldge to any friend at this stage. Bullying is a problem and in my opinion its due to the indifference of the school it's teachers ,principals .The school offers no option's for a transfer i.e pay

Posted December 03, 2007

Posted April 20, 2004

Rutledge Hall Elementary School
6850 North East Prairie Road, Lincolnwood, IL  60712
Last modified Rutledge Hall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rutledge Hall Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top