Lombard, IL

Stevenson School 1

Posted January 20, 2014
I feel that my kids have suffered having gone to this school. They have learned nothing more than what they already knew. What happened to the school system to allow for such lax teaching? I thought we are supposed to be teaching our children to be the best at everything. We are supposed to challenge them. Make them work hard to get ahead, but at this school it is a matter of just getting through to the next day. So many of the students here are so lacking any discipline to keep up with daily activities that it becomes a hinderance on the ones who actually want to advance. There needs to be an option to move your child out of such a slow learning school. The unfortunate placement of my home within the borderline of this district can be the difference for my kids between getting into an ivy-league university and ending up in the local community college. I WANT BETTER FOR MY KIDS. Even though the 50% of non-English speaking students families would be happy to settle for less, it isn't fair to make those of us who want more to suffer.

Stevenson School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
I love my school because the teachers and staff just love all the kids. They go out of their way to make school my childs home away from home.

Stevenson School 0

Posted September 21, 2009
Because my grandson is enrolled there and he is learning how to interact with children before he attends kindergarten.

Stevenson School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
It's a really mixed race school. The Principal Mr. Dunlop is wonderful guy and very involved in everything. The staff there is put thier all into helping the children. My child went there and loved everything. I loved that the class sizes are very small. Also get alot of individual attention. They also have the water front program that is wonderful if you have a child like my that needed extra help. You would have to call the school to get full details on the program, but they are the only school in district 45 that has the Water Front program.

Stevenson School