Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The First Step Program (early childhood special education program) is absolutely amazing. The teachers and supporting staff truly care about our kids.. You can see it and feel it. My child has very significant needs- it seems his teacher is always so willing and eager to help us as soon as we need it- writing social stories, helping us to integrate some of what he does at school into our home life, sensory strategies. I love that his teacher reaches out whenever there is a resource to share that could be helpful to us or just to check in, it's nice that it's a two way street and we, as parents, aren't always the ones reaching out, wondering how our child is doing. I have nothing but positive things to say about this program.

I feel that my kids have suffered having gone to this school. They have learned nothing more than what they already knew. What happened to the school system to allow for such lax teaching? I thought we are supposed to be teaching our children to be the best at everything. We are supposed to challenge them. Make them work hard to get ahead, but at this school it is a matter of just getting through to the next day. So many of the students here are so lacking any discipline to keep up with daily activities that it becomes a hinderance on the ones who actually want to advance. There needs to be an option to move your child out of such a slow learning school. The unfortunate placement of my home within the borderline of this district can be the difference for my kids between getting into an ivy-league university and ending up in the local community college. I WANT BETTER FOR MY KIDS. Even though the 50% of non-English speaking students families would be happy to settle for less, it isn't fair to make those of us who want more to suffer.

I love my school because the teachers and staff just love all the kids. They go out of their way to make school my childs home away from home.

Because my grandson is enrolled there and he is learning how to interact with children before he attends kindergarten.

Last modified Stevenson School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2