Posted January 13, 2014
I had my doubts about this school based on the low internet ratings, but chose form an opinion based on my own experience. I'm so glad I did. This school is amazing! My son started in September, here we are in January and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the entire staff. I have helped out in my sons classroom, the library during other classes, attended all the after school activities, the PTA and have been very impressed. For starters the principal is so involved, every time I've been at the school she is in the classrooms helping the teachers and involved with the students. The KG teachers are on top of it! The music teacher is wonderful! Mr. Bill the maintenance guys is outside every morning greeting everyone with a smile and making sure the children get to school safely. The extracurricular activities the PTA plans are educational, fun, and bring a real sense of community to the school. My child is not only excelling academically but is more confident, independent, and respectful. This school has everything I was looking for, high academic standards and strong positive values that teach respect and kindness for others. This school is a 10 in my book!

Posted February 05, 2013
Schafer is an amazing school! The staff is so caring and dedicated to meet the best needs of the students. The administrations is very supportive and willing to go above for the students as well as staff. Very Proud to be a Schafer Shark!

Posted January 16, 2013
AMAZING school!!! I have two students at Schafer. Both are reading well beyond their grade level. Their reading gets better every week and their math skills are above average. Every teacher experience I've ever had has been a positive one. The administration cares about each individual child. I feel so lucky to send my kids to this fabulous school!!!!!

Schafer Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2011
this is one of THE WORST schools! The teachers are rude, the staff is rude, the "nurse" is incompetent. Seems like if Spanish is your child's only language then he/she will thrive in this environment. This school deserves a 0 out of 10 in my opinion. Such a waste of a precious childs time. The school is so disorganized that they cant even get together when the breakfast time is, who goes, and numerous occassions I have heard the staff say "oh I guess we are to late again for breakfast so they just wont go again today." Great teaching...great school.

Schafer Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2011
I have 2 children in this school and am very happy with their progress. One of my children is in a extra reading program that has helped tremendously. The teachers and staff are all nice and helpful. I think they are all trying their best in this time of budget cuts and lower test scores- caused by budget cuts. We need more parents to get involved, if not in the classroom then at home.

Posted May 09, 2011
I am not happy with this school at all. They have been on the school improvement list for reading for years. plus they dont offer any extra help for those children that need help with reading. if your child has adhd they think if she or he pops a pill every day all of the problems will go away. when my daughter went to the first step program here she would make her self vomit so she could leave bc the teacher was so negative

Posted February 23, 2010

Schafer Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers, administration and staff are wonderful to work with. They have a lot of upgraded and new techonology for the children to learn on.

Posted April 06, 2004
This school has one of the most student involved principals I have ever experienced. Dr. Dews not only knows each of the students by name she knows the child. The teachers are a dedicated and enthusiastic group that have been a pleasure to work with.

Schafer Elementary School
700 East Pleasant Lane, Lombard, IL  60148
Last modified Schafer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schafer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top