Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

We transferred to Schafer this year, and every experience we have had at this school has been positive. Schafer has such an awesome, talented and professional staff! My kids tell everyone that they love their new school. They are so happy at this school and it shows in their academic progress. We are so proud to be Schafer Sharks!

I had 2 children go through this school, and I think it is amazing! Both kids received straight A's throughout their time there, and they were in the advanced Language Arts program. The new principal, new nurse and new office staff have really improved the school this year. I find it hard to believe that Schafer is given a 3 out of 10. This school does so much to go out of it's way to help students of all socio-economic and language backgrounds. I would recommend this school to anyone in our neighborhood. I will miss having a child at Schafer next year.

I came to Schafer in the fall of 2015. I've taught in several different schools and this is the first one that I'd jump at the chance to enroll my own children in if we lived in the area. Our principal is empathetic, supportive, and has this way of moving the school forward while making everyone love her. Our teachers work incredibly hard. Drive by the parking lot on the weekend and you'll see several cars there because staff is working on the weekend. Teachers give up their lunch to meet with kids who need a little TLC. This is a school where kids don't fall through the cracks because we talk about each and every individual need on a regular basis. And our support staff? Rockstars. Schafer is both warm and supportive and at the same time encourages kids to do a little more, be a little more, and to achieve more. I have never been so happy to be a teacher. Come to Schafer and you'll find an amazing school with amazing families and kids!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are treated with respect and fairness. They learn from example to be honest, have integrity and to be fair.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school has a wonderful PBIS program and has many opportunities in and out of school for development of these skills. The girls on the run program and Xcel 2 fitness program is just a couple. Every student I have met is very respectful.

My experience is a unique one in the fact that my child had the opportunity to go to a different school within the district that was rated much higher before going to Schafer. Now being at Schafer with two children at the school, I have to say this school is amazing. The staff is tremendous, they are caring and dedicated to seeing my children succeed not only academically but socially and emotionally as well. There was a new principle this year and she is awesome! Mrs. Rivera is very kind and greets every person with a smile and is committed to the success of the school. The art programs are wonderful Mrs. Mascheri , the art teacher, is so passionate and breeds this in her students. Ms. Conboy, the music teacher, is just simply a Rockstar! She made sure all kids who were interested in the choir were able to participate and she is at all the after school events. The parents are so welcoming, fun and very involved at school. The current rating that the school has is not at all reflective of my personal experience with the school. As we all know test scores are only part of the whole picture. My children are getting a great education, in a safe and respectful environment. If you at all have doubts about the school as I mistakenly did, I would encourage you to check it out first. I can guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised.

The staff and teachers alike are extremely dedicated to the students. The faculty truly wants the kids to thrive. I am quite pleased with our school and our girls like it too. I feel they are receiving a well rounded education.

There is a huge community feel to the school. Parents and teachers work together to make the students successful. I'm happy to see that the school is clean and well maintained. As far as kindergarten is concerned, the students are learning phonics, writing, reading, math, science and art. There is homework, and I'm glad they offer half days for the kindergarten class. Children are rewarded for good behavior. The new principal is down to earth and seems dedicated to her staff, students, and parents.

I have 2 kids at this school. My kids are incredibly smart. I have no problems with the education my children are getting. I dislike the staff the principle is rude and has a chip on her shoulder. The office staff are also rude and will ignore you when you try to ask a question. Its also very hard to explain to your kids that the hispanic kids get more because the don't speak English. They get extra parties talent shows and other things the other kids do not get. I would never recommend this school to any one I know.

I had my doubts about this school based on the low internet ratings, but chose form an opinion based on my own experience. I'm so glad I did. This school is amazing! My son started in September, here we are in January and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the entire staff. I have helped out in my sons classroom, the library during other classes, attended all the after school activities, the PTA and have been very impressed. For starters the principal is so involved, every time I've been at the school she is in the classrooms helping the teachers and involved with the students. The KG teachers are on top of it! The music teacher is wonderful! Mr. Bill the maintenance guys is outside every morning greeting everyone with a smile and making sure the children get to school safely. The extracurricular activities the PTA plans are educational, fun, and bring a real sense of community to the school. My child is not only excelling academically but is more confident, independent, and respectful. This school has everything I was looking for, high academic standards and strong positive values that teach respect and kindness for others. This school is a 10 in my book!

Last modified Schafer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.