Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 29, 2016
The teachers are awesome! every teacher we have had has been wonderful. They have really engaged my children and have made them excited to learn!

Posted May 29, 2016
We transferred to Schafer this year, and every experience we have had at this school has been positive. Schafer has such an awesome, talented and professional staff! My kids tell everyone that they love their new school. They are so happy at this school and it shows in their academic progress. We are so proud to be Schafer Sharks!

Posted May 10, 2016
I had 2 children go through this school, and I think it is amazing! Both kids received straight A's throughout their time there, and they were in the advanced Language Arts program. The new principal, new nurse and new office staff have really improved the school this year. I find it hard to believe that Schafer is given a 3 out of 10. This school does so much to go out of it's way to help students of all socio-economic and language backgrounds. I would recommend this school to anyone in our neighborhood. I will miss having a child at Schafer next year.

Posted May 02, 2016
I came to Schafer in the fall of 2015. I've taught in several different schools and this is the first one that I'd jump at the chance to enroll my own children in if we lived in the area. Our principal is empathetic, supportive, and has this way of moving the school forward while making everyone love her. Our teachers work incredibly hard. Drive by the parking lot on the weekend and you'll see several cars there because staff is working on the weekend. Teachers give up their lunch to meet with kids who need a little TLC. This is a school where kids don't fall through the cracks because we talk about each and every individual need on a regular basis. And our support staff? Rockstars. Schafer is both warm and supportive and at the same time encourages kids to do a little more, be a little more, and to achieve more. I have never been so happy to be a teacher. Come to Schafer and you'll find an amazing school with amazing families and kids!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 02, 2016
Students are treated with respect and fairness. They learn from example to be honest, have integrity and to be fair.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 10, 2016
I would like to thank all of the teacher's for integrating my children so well into the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 10, 2016
The school seems to be very considerate of the diversity of the school and making sure that everything that is offered is accessible to all. They have various events that teach each child about the various cultures and also integrate the children with developmental need well. This makes for more compassionate and empathetic students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 10, 2016
The school has a wonderful PBIS program and has many opportunities in and out of school for development of these skills. The girls on the run program and Xcel 2 fitness program is just a couple. Every student I have met is very respectful.

Posted January 10, 2016
My experience is a unique one in the fact that my child had the opportunity to go to a different school within the district that was rated much higher before going to Schafer. Now being at Schafer with two children at the school, I have to say this school is amazing. The staff is tremendous, they are caring and dedicated to seeing my children succeed not only academically but socially and emotionally as well. There was a new principle this year and she is awesome! Mrs. Rivera is very kind and greets every person with a smile and is committed to the success of the school. The art programs are wonderful Mrs. Mascheri , the art teacher, is so passionate and breeds this in her students. Ms. Conboy, the music teacher, is just simply a Rockstar! She made sure all kids who were interested in the choir were able to participate and she is at all the after school events. The parents are so welcoming, fun and very involved at school. The current rating that the school has is not at all reflective of my personal experience with the school. As we all know test scores are only part of the whole picture. My children are getting a great education, in a safe and respectful environment. If you at all have doubts about the school as I mistakenly did, I would encourage you to check it out first. I can guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted January 05, 2016
The office staff is wonderful! They have very busy jobs. I've seen them deal with visiting parents, answer phones, wipe tears, give directions to classrooms, etc. They are busy, but always friendly.

700 East Pleasant Lane, Lombard, IL  60148
Last modified Schafer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.