Lombard, IL

Posted April 28, 2015
I have my 3 kids going to CPSA at the elementary and middle school levels. I cannot say enough good things about the elementary division. The teachers are clear in high expectations, some can improve their communication with parents but the teachers manage to give care to each student despite large class sizes. They have a few after school clubs, I would like to see more but I guess its a start. There are competitions through out the year and activities that keep my kids busy. There is a lot that they pack in given the limited space and resources and I am glad to send my kids to CPSA.

College Preparatory School Of America 4

Posted March 07, 2015
Some say this school is not the best place for various reasons: its size, its faculty, etc. Others say this school is great. Personally, I think that although CPSA lacks many facilities and mostly focuses on the "smart" kids, it is a safe, Islamic environment for kids to grow up in. Yes, it is an extremely small environment, where everyone knows everyone, but it has many benefits. Moreover, you won't find another place where teachers actually care about each and every student, whether they're the "cream of the crop" or the lowest of the low. And most importantly, what really makes CPSA what it is are the students themselves. It is extremely rare to find a whole class that has the ability to unite as one when necessary. CPSA students in general are extremely close (since they've known each other for so long) and in a way, it promotes a sense of brotherhood that really can't be found anywhere else. CPSA is a place where both the socially awkward and the extrovert fit just fine. Most importantly, this place truly shapes you into who you have the potential to become.

College Preparatory School Of America 1

Posted May 19, 2014
When they say studentS got accepted in Harvard, they only mean one or two. Don't be blinded by statistics, this school is the WORST choice for your children. If you want them to develop an ego and live more for competition than they do for Allah, then this is the school for you. Otherwise, there are many better options in the area and all over Chicagoland. The students here are among the rudest and lack manners. They strive to win and don't care about the route to get there. It sickens me that this is called an Islamic school because the deen should be taught to be more important than topping ICTM or etc. Also, they claim to be the most safe with gender interactions, but nobody saw their team at MIST. The students act the way they were taught to be at school. Everyone goes to college, but how come they don't advertise that most people go to Benedictine University. Most Islamic schools in the area offer 10 or more APs and teach without depriving the students and ensuring they are fully rounded. This school only prepares you for book smarts and being a doctor, what about the real world?

Posted November 12, 2013
We are fortunate to have an Islamic high school like CPSA that can prepare students for colleges like Harvard. Yes Harvard. The curriculum is demanding. Teachers are very good. If there is a downside it would be that the athletic facilities are minimal, and there is no separate area for prayer like attached masjid. The gym is small, about 5/8 the size of regulation basketball court. It's enough to get by. They have an expansion proposal for a new building but that is some time off till money is raised.

Posted August 26, 2013

Posted August 21, 2013
CPSA is a very good at weeding out all the trouble some kids due to their 'hard' admissions test. The people that have an issue with the school are not amongst the brightest so I agree that CPSA's a bit neglectful when it comes to helping slower kids. I love how everyone that tries to start a convo with the opposite gender gets in trouble because it keeps the standard high. If you excel in math and science, CPSA is the place for you. Everyone competes academically and good grades/SAT scores are looked up to.

College Preparatory School Of America 1

Posted August 10, 2013
I absolutely hate CPSA. It was the worst thing ever. Like I had to choose between this place and Islamic Foundation and with much regret, I'd like to say that I chose CPSA. They never let me express my feelings enough. Sure I had friends there, but all they did was either bully or backbite. They are very strict on gender issues, for example once I said sorry to a guy and got in trouble. It is very small and claustrophobic. On the academic level it was great, but school is more than just studies, and I feel that's what they failed to implement into each kid. Overall, I wish I had not chosen CPSA and I hope they get better someday.

Posted August 01, 2013
Established in 1991, CPSA is a top private Islamic school with around 450 students PK through 12th grade. 100% of our students go on to college and most of them to top universities. We offer around 10 AP courses each year. It is a great school to work in and to learn in.

College Preparatory School Of America 3

Posted October 07, 2012
I'll give the school that their curriculum is rigorous and challenges me. Before, I have never been challenged, no matter how many AP and Honors classes I took. But the challenge here is for the wrong reason. My grades are dropping because I simply do not have time to finish the sheer amount of homework we are given. Even after dedicating about 8 hours to homework, I am still not done. At my old high school, 1-2 hours was more than enough. That, and many of the teachers do not teach at all. One of my teachers spend the whole class period going over last nights homework, then assigns more without teaching. Another makes us read and take detailed notes on like 15-20 textbook pages on week nights. This does not mean, however that there are not good teachers. I do actually like many of my teachers. The people are also a plus. Religiously, they are wayy too strict with the whole gender thing, and some of the Islamic studies teachers teach the wrong things. The few extra curricular a are enjoyable; I think debate has made me some of the most awesome friends ever. Another thing is, these kids are not exposed to the real world unless they are on debate or MUN and that's very few of them

College Preparatory School Of America

Posted April 22, 2010
great school for my kids. academically and religiously also.dedicated teachers and staff.hardworking parents and volunteers.

College Preparatory School Of America
331 West Madison Street, Lombard, IL  60148
Last modified College Preparatory School Of America is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
College Preparatory School Of America Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top