Bad
Good

Well when we move from Rockford school district my daughter school Welsh was and old school they got broken into. They won't let you in the school to walk your child to class or even let you talk to the teahers there; I don't know about your child class but my daughter class seem to be passing.Because she had good grades. Also I don't think the school looks run down to me and it seem clean. I am invole in my kids schooling I have a special needs child he goes to Parker Center and they help him alot. He is doing much better. He does drink out a cup now. The only thing I think that needs to work on is the bullying,My daughter gets made fun of every day. I push my child do better we tell her do your best everyday,. I am making sure she is passing.

Supposedly Rock Cut is one of the better elementary schools in the Harlem school district. Unfortunately, that doesn't say much anymore. The school itself is quite rundown and not as clean as it should be. The current principal is retiring and we have yet to hear who the new principal will be for the 2010-2011 school year. The majority of teachers do a good job educating the students, but some need to be more patient with the students. The school has a high low income percentage for the Harlem school district and from what it sounds like in my child's classroom, many students don't pass weekly tests. Of course, the parents need to step it up and push their children to do better. It seems that the parent involvement is lacking in regard to education and in the area of extra cirricular activities.

Hi My daughter is in third grade her teacher is Miss Freehauf and she is doing good with my daughter she lets me know how well she is doing in class. My daughter loves her school. She went to Rockford school and she didn't like it.

My daughter has had alot of problems, last year, her first year at Rock Cut. The curriculum was not what I had hoped for. This year, her second year, I am very pleased with the teacher and how she handles my daughter. She regularly let's me know how my daughter is doing in school, this is something the teacher's lacked last year, communication with the parent. My daughter is in Ms. Ragsdale's 3rd grade glass. Ms. Ragsdale is a wonderful teacher. She genuinely cares about the childs learning and it's nice that she updates me on what is going on with my daughter and big thank you for that Ms. Ragsdale!!

Last modified Rock Cut Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.