Bad
Good

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is in need of some major discipline and the way it is handled/run/operated. A very sad,mean,dirty,unkind learning environment. Adults need to STOP judging our kids. Nicer and more understandable teachers with patience are in need. :(

Posted April 16, 2010
wonderful teachers who really care for their students. school is located in an area where many children come from broken homes or single parent homes from a low income level

Posted May 13, 2009
I am parent of a gifted child who started out at Loves Park and then went to the acedemic program at Machesney.I was very disappointed in the elitism and separation of the kids who were in the program from the students who were not.We returned my daughter to Loves Park and have been so much happier.I cannot say enough great things about Ms.Clark, the principal, and Mrs Johnson, a sixth grade teacher.

Posted December 12, 2008
New leadership, positive change has taken place. Outstanding staff and principal.

Posted July 26, 2007
Both of my sons attend Loves Park Elementary. I can't say enough good about it. One of my children is a special education student and the help and attention that has been given to him is exceptional. It is definitely one of the best schools I've had to deal with. Mrs. Fauerbach, 1st grade teacher is wonderful.

Posted October 12, 2006
My son just started loves park elementary this year after being in Rockford school for 2 years, he really likes this school and his teacher. I feel that Mrs. Bowers is a great teacher and is very patient with him. We had some very bad experiences with his last year teacher in Rockford,it such a relief to finally drop my child off to school and know that he is happy there.

Posted June 14, 2006
I have been at this school for the past 4 years. I have found that with time this school has gotten worse not better in many ways. Staff, surroundings, morale, ect. We have come across hurdles that should not have been. some of the teachers are decent most seem overwhelmed and aren't very welcoming of adult help or volunteers.

Posted May 05, 2005
I am not pleased with this school. I have called the principal on several occasions to speak with her about my son. She does not return phone calls. My sons teacher, I believe, over exaggerates my sons behavior. I feel that he is being 'Judged' on a previous schools report cards. His teacher has on many occassions called my son names. A teacher should not call a child names no matter how old he is or whatever grade he is in. When I attepted to contact the Principal about this matter, my phone calls were never returned. I find it desturbing that an educational facility would act in this manner.

Posted September 04, 2003
We have three daughters in the school right now and each one has a different way of learning things. The teachers and the principal all work very close with the family. And there literacy program is top notch. Mrs Jarvi, Ms. Rotello, Mrs Zwiger and Mrs Garland are highly recommended.

Posted July 12, 2003
My 7 y/o autistic son is in Ms. Beckers class. She and her team, Ms. Luckenbaugh and his para Miss Erin are the most amazing goup of teachers I have ever known. They take the time to get to know each and every child and then figure out a way that is best to teach them. My son does not speak but he is learning just the same. I wish there was some way to reward these dedicated teachers!

344 Grand Ave, Loves Park, IL  61111
Last modified Loves Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.