Loves Park, IL

Posted March 25, 2015
St. Bridget has provided all four of my children a wonderful, caring educational environment for many years. Christian values and our beautiful Catholic faith is an instrumental part of the family atmosphere at St. Bridget. Teachers and staff work very hard to meet each child's needs and the support of the families in the St. Bridget community is amazing!

Posted July 24, 2012
My children have been at St. Bridget for several years, having experience with other Catholic schools in the area. St. Bridget School is an amazing, acedemically strong, faith-filled place. I have no doubt it is the best Catholic school in the Rockford area!

Posted July 13, 2011
We couldn't be happier at St. Bridget's. The class size is kept small to ensure additional attention to individual student needs. Their HS placement test results are one of the highest in the area. A great emphasis is placed on math and reading, and very recently heavily focused on written language. New administration has really turned things around for this little elementary school. Parent and teacher morale is at it's highest. The teachers and all staff are so in tuned with the needs of the students, academically, spiritually, and emotionally. We love the sense of community felt there. Many students have struggled other places and have flurished after transferring to St. Bridget's. Earlier reviews might have reflected the atmosphere at the time they were written, but current attitudes toward this school are very positive in deed.

St Bridget School 4

Posted June 24, 2010
St. Bridget School in my opinion is one of if not the top Catholic School in Rockford. We have one of the most caring staff and the best of parent involvment!

St Bridget School 4

Posted June 05, 2006
I think St Bridget's is a good school, but I think more emphasis needs to be placed on creative teaching. Some teachers are excellent, while others are only passing. Parents need more input in the classrooms. Overall, I am very happy with the school.

St Bridget School 3

Posted May 19, 2006
It is too bad that St. Bridget isn't what it used to be. Only about 4 decent teachers are there now. The current principal isn't exactly showing leadership skills.

St Bridget School 1

Posted May 19, 2006
In the past few years, St. Bridget has been lacking quality. There are few good teachers left.

Posted December 21, 2005
An excellent choice! We sent several children through St. Bridget, and we would do it again. Tuition for the area is most reasonable. Standardized test scores, particularly in math, are well above local and national norms. Size allows a good range of classes offered, while I found that teachers are still involved on an individual level. Parental involvement tends to be good, and for the most part very supportive of the school. The only individuals I have ever spoken with who disagreed often went on to have problems elsewhere.

St Bridget School 1

Posted June 26, 2005
St. Bridget's school focuses is more on discipline than it does education. The education at this school is the same as the public schools. The only difference is that you get a religion class. The teachers do not take the time that is needed to properly evaluate and grade students. The students are treated poorly and they are not encouraged to succeed or stand out as individuals. The test scores from this school are considerably lower than the other private schools in the area. If you are a parent that recognizes the value of great educators and leaders and the impact that they can have on your children than this school is not the choice for you or your loved ones.

Posted February 23, 2004
I have had 3 sons at St. Bridget School. I love the discipline from a Catholic School, and I also appreciate the teachers demanding respect from their students. It really enforces what we try to teach at home. The administration is continually trying to find ways to improve the cirriculum to make sure the students are readily prepared for high school. All of my boys have enjoyed the school.

St Bridget School