Bad
Good

Costello School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
My children have attended this school for several years and I've always been pretty happy with their teachers. They've always been pretty good. The principal, however is not great. The school is disorganized and I have found her to be less than concerned about my children. She seems to place blame on others for her own problems managing the school. I wish I could switch schools but they'll be off to the middle school soon enough.

Costello School 2

Posted December 15, 2009
Although the people who work in the office are very friendly people there seems to be a lack of intelligence. My daughter is in 5th grade and has attended Costello since kindergarden and for some reason every year when we receive registration packets the information is alway incorrect even though none of the information has changed in the past 5 years. How can a school that so many organization issues teach my daughter to be organized and efficient. I'll be happy when she graduates and moves on to middle school.

Posted October 03, 2009
Because despite our financial troubles they are still making strides to better educate these children on a shoe string budget. They are a spotlight school in Illinois.test scores are on the rise. We have alot of great kids and teachers.

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff at Costello school is wonderful! They have helped my son so much, they found out that he has a learning problem, and have pulled out all the stops to help him! I can not say enough good things about this school!

Costello School 5

Posted September 15, 2009
Great staff, wonderful school, awesome curriculum,Ms. Maslan is amazing!! all in a nut shell to sum it up, my son's David & Alexander love it.....So that makes me one happy mommy...Costello rocks!!!! Mrs.J. Soberanis

Posted July 06, 2008
This school is like a family. It has it ups and downs, but, when it comes to teaching your kids they are at the tops.

Posted March 30, 2008
I have lived in lyons for 5 years both of my children are attending this school. My kids and i love it. They have a good staff and great curiculum

Posted June 28, 2007
Costello has some wonderful people however it lacks organization. The way functions are organized & the manner in which notification is sent home to the parents needs some serious revamping. Everything lacks 'oomph'. It's as if they go through the motions but without much energy or lack of excitement. This year hopes to have more 'goings on' than in past years with the presence of a new PTO group. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can bring back some spunk to Costello! The teachers are amazing. The kids are very happy which is a huge plus. School should be fun at this stage. What I love the most about this school is parents are always welcome! Costello wants you to be involved and encourages parents to participate in many ways throughout the year. And, more importantly, my son likes going to school. That in itself says something.

Posted January 13, 2005
The Before and After care program at Costello is great. I'd be lost without it! The school district also offers summer, winter break, and spring break camp. It is wonderful, especially for a single mom who works full time! This district really cares about the kids!

Posted June 19, 2004
I loved my kids experience in Costello, he was there 2 thru 5 and it was overall a wonderful experience with fantastic people. I'm sorry they will be losing Ms. Welsh as she really cared, I called her on several occasions with problems and she always worked with me, I was always impressed by her ability to look beyond the black and white. I can't imagine the reason for the other parents dissatisfaction with her. Our experience with the teachers has been great, with Ms. Lockwood being our favorite! Funding has always been an issue, there was no fifth grade graduation or art class when my son went there but they should be better funded for next year. Overall I would consider my childs experience at Costello a great success and for the most part people were wonderful, my son soared there, always A's. Thanks Costello for a job well done.

4632 Clyde Ave, Lyons, IL  60534
Last modified Costello School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.