Mackinaw, IL

Dee-Mack High School 1

Posted July 17, 2013
How do you justify the rating for this school? Where do you even get your info to base your score on? My niece and nephew can barely read but have a diploma. 98% of my sons friends can not even spell the simplest of words. My own son took algebra 1 , geometry, algebra 2 and got A's in all 3 but when he took the math placement at the local community college he tested into Math 104.....110 is college entry level. He took 4 years of Spanish ( 3&4 being honors level).. He can't speak a word or even conjugate verbs( span 1). Herded through like cattle.

Dee-Mack High School 2

Posted November 06, 2008
I am a parent of a 2008 DeeMack graduate. I am very glad my child attended a small school. But these test scores are cause for concern. I believe the 8 block system is responsible. Some subjects like PE, Band, Home Ec, which require a lot of set up time, benefit from this schedule of 1.5 hour classes every other day. But classes such as Math, foreign language, English and Science must be taught in frequent and shorter sessions. These subjects cannot be learned when they are taught only twice a week every other week. The average attention span is 20 minutes. After 50 minutes these kids need to get up and walk around. This system also leads to teacher apathy. They lose interest when the students do. It's obviously not working. Let's change it!

Dee-Mack High School 5

Posted October 27, 2008
I am currently enrolled in this high school and well, in my opinion the small school enviroment really has an impact on us students. The teachers here are great. The school board knows how to pick thier teachers because how I see it all the students will understand the lesson at the end of the class. The construction might be a little annoying, but thats just what we have to go through to get a better classroom enviroment!

Dee-Mack High School 0

Posted August 02, 2008
My son just completed his Freshman year at a State University and I'm not sure we fully understood the benefit he had in attending this high school. He is in honors programs and didn't even have to take some of the first year required classes because of his having completed them at DeeMack. Some of his friends from perceived elite shcools even had to take prerequisites before they could get into the required Freshmen classes. The confidence gained by being able to participate in varied activities at a small school and the empathy learned by living in a more diverse economic climate gave him the people skills and common sense to succeed and for that we are grateful. My score would be at least a 9.

Dee-Mack High School 5

Posted August 20, 2007
Great school small town and great teachers what more can you ask for they do sruggle when it comes to construction but thats it

Dee-Mack High School 3

Posted October 04, 2005

Dee-Mack High School
401 East 5th Street, Mackinaw, IL  61755
Last modified Dee-Mack High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dee-Mack High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top