Mchenry, IL

Posted September 12, 2014
Parkland is an amazing school because of the teachers and the administration. We are new to the school and it's been fun with authentic learning.

Parkland School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
Parkland teachers are wonderful. The Administration is yet to be desired. After meeting with Principal Adams, he does not seem to concern himself with the well being of all students. Adams blamed me, as a parent, for allowing my child to participate in chorus & band rather than addressing the issue of students being pulled from core classes to attend extra band/chorus lessons twice a week. Adams spoke after a chorus concert, encouraging parents to support the arts, but as a principal, Adams does not support core subjects by allowing those that participate in "the arts" to attend all core classes. By the end of each year, a student has missed an equivalent of 2 weeks of all scheduled classes for extra band & chorus lessons; one week, of which is from core classes such as math, science, language arts, and social studies. I am amazed that this is even an option and the School Board allows this.

Posted May 16, 2009
This school has great teachers. My child has learned a lot at parkland. They have extra classes they teach you different languages; music , and art. Things like that. This is trully a great school

Posted April 02, 2005
I have had three children attend Parkland and so far the two of them are doing awesome, with the education they have received. I moved here from another very good school district and frankly I was a little worried about the quality of the education here in McHenry. My daughter just graduated college with honors and did very well in High school and my son is also doing very good. I feel that says it all. My youngest attends Parkland now and even through the hard times that school districts are dealing with, she seems to have teachers who have a great outlook and are still making education fun! I think thats great. She is involved in band, art, chorus and sports she is pretty active with school.

Parkland School
1802 North Ringwood Road, Mchenry, IL  60050
Last modified Parkland School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkland School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top