Posted September 09, 2013
Our kids started school at another school in McHenry's district and both we and they were so unhappy there. Since transferring them to Landmark, we have seen such growth both academically and socially. It is so nice to hear that your kids have had a great day when they get off the bus. The teachers, principal, and overall atmosphere is so different than the other McHenry schools. The calendar allows them time for a break in between quarters, minimizing burnout. The school as a whole has a private school feel to it with the level of care and community. With test scores as good as Landmark's I am surprised that the entire district hasn't adopted this format.

Posted October 02, 2012
We love this school... Mr Goodman is a fabulous 4-5th grade teacher. He makes class fun, exciting, and my daughter is learning and excelling! It's an all year school and learning continues all year. She misses school on weekends...which never happened before. They have fun activities outside of school too. Right now they are on Fall Intercession for 3 weeks and they have activities the kids can sign up for to make it fun. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted May 02, 2010
We continue to live in McHenry JUST because of this school. I feel so lucky to have my kids there, and to have been able and invited to play such a big part in their elementary education. Wonderful place.

Posted June 16, 2008
My oldest son is starting 2nd grade in July. He absolutely LOVES it! Their classes are loosely structured with leveled reading/texts, so that each student can learn at their own pace. Volunteerism is greatly encouraged among the parents, there are a lot of learning specialists on staff and we truly are a community in the school. We have talked about moving some place warmer (when it is winter here, hehe), he gets so upset! We asked him why he loves it so much. He loves having the same teacher for 2 years in a row, having the same classmates, & being able to learn from and mentor other kids (younger and older) in his class. He likes having intersession breaks/short summer breaks. He says that it's different, and it's good to be different. My 2nd son is a Kinder in July, and he can't wait!

Posted June 06, 2007
Landmark is more than a wonderful school, it is a caring community. My daughter has flourished there thus far and I am looking forward to my other two children joining her.

Posted January 30, 2007

Posted September 20, 2006
The all school learning schedule makes it easy for the entire family to participate in extra learning activities. For example when our kinder is learning the names of the planets our fourth grader is learning about the path of comets. The multidisciplinary approach ensures that all learning styles will be helped and the multi-age classrooms give every child the chance to be a helper and be helped all in the same day. Parents are encouraged to be involved and welcomed with open arms. The extra curricular activities planned by the parents are varied in intrest however the district seems to hold them back at times. The school offers the best learning environment and encourages everyone to be their best, whatever that may look like.

Posted July 22, 2006
My daughter and son went to Landmark when it first opened. My daughter was in fourth grade, my son in first. The schedule was great. Nine weeks on, three weeks off. It is the way to learn. We were involved in EVERYTHING! It was great. The music class was great! My daughter, now in ninth grade, still sings the songs from their memorable plays. My son (sixth grade) still has friends from their. As well as my daughter! The acedemics excell. My daughter did better there than any other school. My son, being LD, excelled also. He still remebers when the fourth and fifth graders, would go in and read to them. I highly reccomend Landmark as your choice as a school.

Landmark Elementary School 4

Posted September 02, 2003
Landmark School is an incredible education journey for kids. We started our child in kinder, so the year around schedule didn't matter to us. The leadership is awesome and the parental involvement is phenominal! We love it - love the teachers, the staff and leadership! It is progressive yet still based with traditional school concepts. Let alone the summer retention is great!

Landmark Elementary School
3614 Waukegan Road, Mchenry, IL  60050
Last modified Landmark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Landmark Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top