Bad
Good

Great teachers and administration! My daughter is in thirs grade and really likes it here.

Our kids started school at another school in McHenry's district and both we and they were so unhappy there. Since transferring them to Landmark, we have seen such growth both academically and socially. It is so nice to hear that your kids have had a great day when they get off the bus. The teachers, principal, and overall atmosphere is so different than the other McHenry schools. The calendar allows them time for a break in between quarters, minimizing burnout. The school as a whole has a private school feel to it with the level of care and community. With test scores as good as Landmark's I am surprised that the entire district hasn't adopted this format.

We love this school... Mr Goodman is a fabulous 4-5th grade teacher. He makes class fun, exciting, and my daughter is learning and excelling! It's an all year school and learning continues all year. She misses school on weekends...which never happened before. They have fun activities outside of school too. Right now they are on Fall Intercession for 3 weeks and they have activities the kids can sign up for to make it fun. I would highly recommend this school.

We continue to live in McHenry JUST because of this school. I feel so lucky to have my kids there, and to have been able and invited to play such a big part in their elementary education. Wonderful place.

My oldest son is starting 2nd grade in July. He absolutely LOVES it! Their classes are loosely structured with leveled reading/texts, so that each student can learn at their own pace. Volunteerism is greatly encouraged among the parents, there are a lot of learning specialists on staff and we truly are a community in the school. We have talked about moving some place warmer (when it is winter here, hehe), he gets so upset! We asked him why he loves it so much. He loves having the same teacher for 2 years in a row, having the same classmates, & being able to learn from and mentor other kids (younger and older) in his class. He likes having intersession breaks/short summer breaks. He says that it's different, and it's good to be different. My 2nd son is a Kinder in July, and he can't wait!

Landmark is more than a wonderful school, it is a caring community. My daughter has flourished there thus far and I am looking forward to my other two children joining her.

The all school learning schedule makes it easy for the entire family to participate in extra learning activities. For example when our kinder is learning the names of the planets our fourth grader is learning about the path of comets. The multidisciplinary approach ensures that all learning styles will be helped and the multi-age classrooms give every child the chance to be a helper and be helped all in the same day. Parents are encouraged to be involved and welcomed with open arms. The extra curricular activities planned by the parents are varied in intrest however the district seems to hold them back at times. The school offers the best learning environment and encourages everyone to be their best, whatever that may look like.

Last modified Landmark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.