Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I've been happy with the school's communication and opportunities offered to my kid. Fun athletic atmosphere and fan base has made it a cool experience to enjoy as a family. Teachers provide good feedback.

The district has provided my kids many positive experiences academically and extracurricularly. They have a solid AP program and counselors who are knowledgeable and care.

My first experience with this school was yesterday when I learned they would not let a Marine graduate in her dress blues. Absolutely a travesty for for this school not to support this young lady in protecting our country.

My daughter is a freshman at Mchenry West High School. The teachers and counselors have gone out of their way to make sure the transition from 8th grade to H.S. is as easy as possible. She is loving the first semester thus far and is looking forward to her future as a Warrior. Thank you for caring and making the transition and easy one!

There are two parts of this school: the motivated and the unmotivated. As a member of the motivated track, I've been largely separated from unmotivated students by being placed in honors courses and becoming involved in many of the opportunities available for students. There are great teachers, who take learning seriously, yet keep it light-hearted. The teachers I've had have all been supportive and very caring. (I even hear that the now-labeled "unmotivated" part of the school has some amazing teachers!) As far as the motivated student is concerned, there is enough opportunity here as anywhere else. The music program is strong, the athletics are.. still being worked on, the theatre program is great fun. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my experience over the last four years at this school has been immensely beneficial to my character. Throughout the school, there are still cliques and separation, but on the whole, McHenry is one of the most well-connected schools I've ever been to. From the spirit rallies, dodgeball tournaments, athletic events, musicals and plays, it is easy to tell that those who want to be here don't hesitate to be involved. I love this school.

I went through the McHenry High School system and now my children are. They deserve an excellent education!

West Campus has amazing leadership organizations, helpful and understanding teachers and is always working together with the teachers, students and parents to build a stronger community.

Last modified Mchenry High School-West Campus is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.