Bad
Good

I had my child enrolled at Steven Elementary school a few years ago. He is now a High School student and the experience he had there was absolutely horrible. Especially with the IEP program after an accident he has been in they believed he had "emotional disturbance." They thought they knew everything about him like why he walks this way or why his pencil fell (I'm over doing that a little) But they think they know everything and all because my son didn't lose a limb in the accident then he is lying. They wrote hogwash in his files. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The school also doesn't have a big option on extracurricular activities. In all honesty if every parent says it was a good school then congrats for them but I know a few parents who have been in my shoes. This school needs to improve on many levels. With the special ed program and how they classify their students without thinking every student is the same. All because 15 of the students are only a grade or two below reading doesn't mean there is no kid would be three or four levels below. I was not satisfied whatsoever with this school.

This is a really one of the best schools in the district in my opinion. My son and daughter go there. My child was in the Bilingual Program a couple years back and they have a good bilingual program, but some of the BIL. teachers don't really speak good English themselves and that bothers me as a parent. My son was really shy and he really opened up to a teacher Mrs. Barajas, she was kind and motherly, the kis really liked her. My son and niece both learned a lot with her. Us parents talk and liked her way better than that second grade Bilingual teacher-ugh!!!!! she seems bitter AND my son was afriad of her. She is also one that I can not understand a word she says she talks so fast and has a really thick accent. Now SHE should have left....

Stevenson is an okay school and they have a great Bilingual Program my son is part of. Some of the teachers don't really know how to connect with or understand the hispanic population so its wonderful to have the Bilingual teachers there. They are great!

My daughter has been going there since second grade and think it's a great school

I love Stevenson because I used to live in Chicago and most of the schools there are over crowded and so was the school my son attended, now that he is attending Stevenson he is more focused, getting good grades and has a lot more friends. My daughter just started Kindergarten this year and she loves it! The staff is always very helpful with questions and especially with the children's needs, which is very important! GO PIRATES! :)

This school provided me with a greater than the one i received in high school. I learned much more of the material that was being taught. The teachers here have been teaching from many years and they know how to educate their student body in an effective and productive manner. Shout out to Ms. Motsinger, Ms. Habel, and Mr. Golding. Great Years!

Last modified Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.