Melrose Park, IL

Stevenson Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2014
I had my child enrolled at Steven Elementary school a few years ago. He is now a High School student and the experience he had there was absolutely horrible. Especially with the IEP program after an accident he has been in they believed he had "emotional disturbance." They thought they knew everything about him like why he walks this way or why his pencil fell (I'm over doing that a little) But they think they know everything and all because my son didn't lose a limb in the accident then he is lying. They wrote hogwash in his files. I would not recommend this school to anyone. The school also doesn't have a big option on extracurricular activities. In all honesty if every parent says it was a good school then congrats for them but I know a few parents who have been in my shoes. This school needs to improve on many levels. With the special ed program and how they classify their students without thinking every student is the same. All because 15 of the students are only a grade or two below reading doesn't mean there is no kid would be three or four levels below. I was not satisfied whatsoever with this school.

Stevenson Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
This is a really one of the best schools in the district in my opinion. My son and daughter go there. My child was in the Bilingual Program a couple years back and they have a good bilingual program, but some of the BIL. teachers don't really speak good English themselves and that bothers me as a parent. My son was really shy and he really opened up to a teacher Mrs. Barajas, she was kind and motherly, the kis really liked her. My son and niece both learned a lot with her. Us parents talk and liked her way better than that second grade Bilingual teacher-ugh!!!!! she seems bitter AND my son was afriad of her. She is also one that I can not understand a word she says she talks so fast and has a really thick accent. Now SHE should have left....

Stevenson Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2010
Stevenson is an okay school and they have a great Bilingual Program my son is part of. Some of the teachers don't really know how to connect with or understand the hispanic population so its wonderful to have the Bilingual teachers there. They are great!

Stevenson Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
My daughter has been going there since second grade and think it's a great school

Stevenson Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
I love Stevenson because I used to live in Chicago and most of the schools there are over crowded and so was the school my son attended, now that he is attending Stevenson he is more focused, getting good grades and has a lot more friends. My daughter just started Kindergarten this year and she loves it! The staff is always very helpful with questions and especially with the children's needs, which is very important! GO PIRATES! :)

Stevenson Elementary School 1

Posted June 10, 2009

Posted October 24, 2008

Posted August 23, 2008
This school provided me with a greater than the one i received in high school. I learned much more of the material that was being taught. The teachers here have been teaching from many years and they know how to educate their student body in an effective and productive manner. Shout out to Ms. Motsinger, Ms. Habel, and Mr. Golding. Great Years!

Stevenson Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2005
I have three boys that have attended the Stevenson School since 2002. I feel that the school does not offer much of extracurricular activities. The teachers are well for the most part. Every year we have had a different principal. I think the only good point that I can say Stevenson School has is the security staff in the school. There are at least 1 or 2 off duty police officers on post daily, which I think is a good thing. Overall, the school is not bad and I think they are really trying to stay on top of the program.

Posted January 07, 2005

Stevenson Elementary School
1630 North 20th Avenue, Melrose Park, IL  60160
(708) 450-2053
Last modified Stevenson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stevenson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top