Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

MTHS offers something for every student. From honors, dual credit and AP courses, to a high-quality vocational department offering Project Lead the Way, chef and restaurant, graphic arts, welding, woodworking, auto-mechanics and much more. Fine Arts offer multiple bands, choirs, 2D/3D art, foreign languages, to name a few. Competive academic teams such as Scholastic Bowl, Skills USA, WYSE and FIRST Robotics offer extra-curricular opportunities outside of the classroom. Check out MTHS.us.

I honestly feel that I am not cared about as a student at MTHS. Teachers never answer your questions, there are most definitely favorites being played (especially if you're a football player of cheerleader), students are unfairly assessed, and neither the teachers nor guidance counselors care about our emotional states whatsoever.

Teachers and administration truly care about each and every student. They are not only committed to the academic success of each student, but also his/her emotional well-being. As a faculty member, I can honestly say that teachers regard students highly with their actions and conversations inside and outside of the classroom. I would gladly send my own children to this school, knowing they will be cared for and well prepared for post-secondary life.

Parents beware!!! School scores are extremely low, suicide rates are high! These are not teachers or administrators that you want influencing your childs behavior or those that you would like to mentor your child. Your tax dollars provide a three D printer that costs are exuberant to run, but it's great to say "We have a three D printer, the only school that has one"; additional $200.00 yearly drivers ed fees pay for students to drive instructors to run personal errands. Parent involvement as long as you take a "yes man" approach and do not ask questions, just do as you are told. Favoritism among those who have been Metamora "lifers" is evident. The hand book isn't worth the paper it's printed on, as they have the discretion to read and interpret them as they see fit. As much as I don't agree with Homeschooling, I would choose that over sending my children to this school.

Great facilities, great sports, great food, great teachers. I enjoyed every minute I spent at Metamora as a student. The school is small enough that most of the teachers get to know you pretty well and all the students know each other. I played football and track and had some of the best coaches on some very good teams. I feel that the school prepared me well for college with a rigerous curriculum and I am starting my MBA this fall. I honestly beieve that Metamora is the best school in the area and I would not have traded it for any school- even Notre Dame.

I have one son that graduated from MTHS and another that will begin his senior year in the fall. It's been a great school! Academically it's outstanding. My older son will attend Northwestern University in the fall and younger one is in the process of checking out colleges. Yes, football is very popular at MTHS but there are so many other extra-curricular activities for kids that aren't into sports like my boys. Everything from band/choir to speech team to FFA to bowling to intramurals - the list goes on. If a student wants to get involved he/she can. We moved to the community when our oldest was entering kindergarten specifically for the school district and we've never regretted our decision.

I would have to say that this school is pretty bad when it comes to favorites. If you dont fit in with the right crowd, you will have a tough time getting through your class day. I have a child who has serious problems due to what other students have done to them at this school. Its a joke that they say the discipline here is a 5 star rating. Its not, most teachers turn there head when they see something or know something is going on. I wouldn't recommend this school to many parents unless you have a very sport loving kid or a cheerleader or dancing daughter.

Last modified Metamora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.