Posted November 04, 2014
Teachers and administration truly care about each and every student. They are not only committed to the academic success of each student, but also his/her emotional well-being. As a faculty member, I can honestly say that teachers regard students highly with their actions and conversations inside and outside of the classroom. I would gladly send my own children to this school, knowing they will be cared for and well prepared for post-secondary life.

Metamora High School 1

Posted May 07, 2014
Parents beware!!! School scores are extremely low, suicide rates are high! These are not teachers or administrators that you want influencing your childs behavior or those that you would like to mentor your child. Your tax dollars provide a three D printer that costs are exuberant to run, but it's great to say "We have a three D printer, the only school that has one"; additional $200.00 yearly drivers ed fees pay for students to drive instructors to run personal errands. Parent involvement as long as you take a "yes man" approach and do not ask questions, just do as you are told. Favoritism among those who have been Metamora "lifers" is evident. The hand book isn't worth the paper it's printed on, as they have the discretion to read and interpret them as they see fit. As much as I don't agree with Homeschooling, I would choose that over sending my children to this school.

Posted August 25, 2009
Great facilities, great sports, great food, great teachers. I enjoyed every minute I spent at Metamora as a student. The school is small enough that most of the teachers get to know you pretty well and all the students know each other. I played football and track and had some of the best coaches on some very good teams. I feel that the school prepared me well for college with a rigerous curriculum and I am starting my MBA this fall. I honestly beieve that Metamora is the best school in the area and I would not have traded it for any school- even Notre Dame.

Posted November 08, 2008

Posted June 14, 2007
I have one son that graduated from MTHS and another that will begin his senior year in the fall. It's been a great school! Academically it's outstanding. My older son will attend Northwestern University in the fall and younger one is in the process of checking out colleges. Yes, football is very popular at MTHS but there are so many other extra-curricular activities for kids that aren't into sports like my boys. Everything from band/choir to speech team to FFA to bowling to intramurals - the list goes on. If a student wants to get involved he/she can. We moved to the community when our oldest was entering kindergarten specifically for the school district and we've never regretted our decision.

Metamora High School 2

Posted April 16, 2007
I would have to say that this school is pretty bad when it comes to favorites. If you dont fit in with the right crowd, you will have a tough time getting through your class day. I have a child who has serious problems due to what other students have done to them at this school. Its a joke that they say the discipline here is a 5 star rating. Its not, most teachers turn there head when they see something or know something is going on. I wouldn't recommend this school to many parents unless you have a very sport loving kid or a cheerleader or dancing daughter.

Metamora High School 2

Posted June 22, 2006

Posted October 19, 2004
Metamora Consolidated High School does an excellent job of educating and preparing our young people for their college years and adult life. Many of the teachers are previous students and have made a lifelong committment to community and its students. The curriculum is excellent. The faculty, staff and counselors are well prepared to help teens with the many challenges they face today. Each student is encouraged to set goals and given the tools needed to exceed them. The commradery and team spirit inspired by the coaches, students and faculty is comparable only to that of college and pro football clubs. It isn't unusual to see 3000 fans at a Friday night football game in Metamora. We have the best of everything in Metamora.

Posted June 14, 2004
- a former student
Metamora High School is a wonderful place for students, teachers, parents, and administrators. The academic quality is beyond reproach. The extra-curricular activities are outstanding. The comraderie among students is phenomenal. As in many high schools, athletics play a big part in bringing the community together. Metamora is fortunate to have some of the most outstanding coaches and athletic programs in all of Illinois. I highly recommend Metamora High School to anyone considering a move to the Peoria area.

Metamora High School
Po Box 109, Metamora, IL  61548
Last modified Metamora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Metamora High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top