Minooka, IL

Posted January 24, 2013
BEST elementary school around...HANDS DOWN!!! From the administration to the teachers to the support staff, this school is all about the kids and what they need to be successful. I am so happy that my kids are at this school. I have heard similar reviews about Minooka's other elementary schools as well. Minooka 201 is a great place to send your kids. They will not only be cared for and built up but they will be challenged academically and given every opportunity to learn and be successful. Kudos Minooka 201!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Posted February 09, 2011
Our child just transferred to Minooka Elementary. He is being treated like a King! He comes home from school wide eyed talking about all of the great lessons that he gets. The loving attentive staff, very clean building and grounds, p.e, art, music and computer lab... we were paying for private school!

Posted October 02, 2010
The teachers and the principal at this school really make the difference. My child attended Aux Sable prior to moving to Minooka Elementary, and we love it so much more here. The teachers here are warm, kind and caring. The staff really works hard to make school a good experience for the students as well as maintain contact with the parents. The district holds the students to high standards and encourages them to do their best.

Minooka Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2010
My kids have yet to have a teacher at Minooka Elementary that we didn't love!!! The teachers and staff are just wonderful!!

Posted March 13, 2010
My daugter is in her Third year at Minooka Elementary. I am very pleased with the academic schedule. Every year, her teachers have been very attentive and extremelly easy to communicate with. The teacher ease system is a wonderful way for me to keep track of my childs grades, assignments, and homework. I wish more schools ran and functionally and family friendly as MES. -A Proud Parent

Posted August 14, 2009

Minooka Elementary School 0

Posted September 12, 2008
I am a parent who moved back to the district to send my children to the same school district I grew up in. I had an awesome experience at Minooka Elementary and I believe my children are having the same experience. The staff at Minooka Elementary is exceptional. As a parent who spends my fair share of time in the elementary building, I have never seen any rodents or insects. The parents at our school are very involved and I agree that Mrs. Baxter is awesome! Also, Minooka has many neat programs with music and P.E., etc.

Posted May 23, 2008
Very good school! Mrs. Baxter is a wonderful principal, very good with the children! Mrs. Humm who is new this year seems to 'push' her interest in reading on the children with her reading assignments. They seem a bit to time consuming and I believe she expects a little too much from 4th graders. She also seems to misplace things such as their homework. It's hard to tell sometimes what your child has not done of her/his homework or if she just 'misplaced' it. Maybe this will get better with time? My child has been going to this school since kindergarten and I have not had any problems with the other teachers. They have all been wonderfull! This is a really great school for children to attend. I don't believe theres a 'health issue' as the previous person stated. I personally have never seen bugs, mold, etc.. It's very clean.

Posted December 15, 2007
The staff is nice but the building is a public health issue. Rats,bugs and mold are all in this elementery school

Posted June 05, 2007
Overall, Minooka Elementary is a good school. The administration ignores problems and seems to have the wrong priorities. The faculty is strong and the parents are involved.

Minooka Elementary School
400 West Coady Drive, Minooka, IL  60447
Last modified Minooka Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minooka Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top