Bad
Good

I would not give this school 1 star but there is not an option for no stars. It is not the experience I was told my sons would receive. Moving out for a better education elsewhere.

We moved here out of state last year and feel our daughter is getting a poor education at the high school.

Actually a at MCHS some people may say that the budget cuts from last year would of hurt us. In all out reality it did not affect us at all. And to be completely honest I feel like the quality of learning has gone up. So if you want to go to an amazing high in a amazing town come to minooka.

I moved to Minooka for the quality education. Now they are making cuts in the High School and eliminating key teachers. I am super disappointed with the school board and would not recommend moving to an over taxed expensive area like Minooka. Especially when they are trying to reduce the quality of the schools.

I am a student at MCHS and i am so happy with that. Teachers,students,principals and other persons are very nice to me and i didn't know any of English when i first started to high school at MCHS and now i am a junior and my English is really improved because of my friends', teachers' and hard works. I am glad I am in this school.

This is my childs first year at Minooka South which has grades 9 & 10. She likes the school and is definitely being challenged in her classes. No problems with the teachers. As a parent I feel my child is getting a very good education that is preparing her for college.

I have had three children attend the school and the amount of racism they experience from other students, teaches, and athletic coaches is extremely disappointing. I regret that they had to experience this type of treatment.

If your child is athletic this is a great school. If your child is an average student it is a good school. If you child is an high achiever this school is a disaster. Guidance is non-existant. Trying to get someone to respond to phone calls or e-mails is nearly imposible. Geting info. on classes for the next year or info. on colleges is totally your responsability. The split campus fresh/soph and junior/senior is a total failure. Most classes are offered to all students, but, then you are told that not enough kids chose a class at one campus or the other and therefore your child will not be able to take the class at that particular campus. It's is an absolute mess.

I was concerned about my son transitioning from a K-8 grade school to high school. Due to his father and I living in different school districts he had the opinion of either Minooka HS or Joliet Central. My son being on the shorter side (5ft) and white he was extremely overwhelmed with the size of Joliet Central and decided to go to Minooka HS. He is extremely happy and has done well with his grades as well being an A/B. student. I love having access to his grades and teachers emails at all times. Also with the school having 2 campuses, one for freshmen/sophomores and junior/seniors it is not overcrowded at all.

I am concerned with the level of supervision available to the students due to the severe overcrowding! It remains to be seen whether or not it is addressed when the new school opens. Sometimes supervision is overbearing and invasive for no reason, while other times you see masses of students causing trouble in the hallways. Many teachers refuse to return phone calls too. Very disappointing.

Last modified Minooka Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.