Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

My child was being bullied sophomore year, a stupid thing over a guy no less! The school DID take it seriously and it never happened again. I was really glad they had that attitude.

Supports LD students: Neutral

They do have services for all types of students, but it seems there is a group or two that falls between the cracks. I wish the students in the middle got more attention because they'll be running our world one day, too.

Effective school leaders: Agree

I think the leadership is OK, I just think it doesn't always filter down to the teachers.

Develops character: Neutral

There's a big drinking and drug problem among a lot of the students. I talked to a teacher about it once when it affected a group project of my daughter's and the response was, "We know there's a big problem, but unless we catch it in the act there's nothing we can do about it." OK!

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of the teachers are great and REALLY care about their students. Some, though, seem to make it easier for a student to fail than succeed.

Amount of homework: Neutral

Seems like there is enough assigned, but little support when there are questions. And with so much of it being attached to technology via the Internet, a lot is in the hands of the "gods of the Internet."

Two of my kids went through this high school, one girl, one boy, but both "high achievers." I was not happy with this school at all. I rated it average because it wasn't awful or anything, but it seems like the overall atmosphere is not very positive. It seems that so much is left to the parents and students to figure out, and that's not always easy. There are some good teachers there for sure, but there are also many that are just AWFUL. My advice would be to get to know someone at the school that you can trust and ask about the teachers. It can make a big difference for your child. Also, I felt like the guidance counselors did LITTLE for the students ... and there is a lot of favoritism there as well. Again, it's an OK school, just not a great vibe of positivity. My daughter was NOT prepared for college, despite being on high honor roll for all quarters of her 4 years and being in NHS.

I would not give this school 1 star but there is not an option for no stars. It is not the experience I was told my sons would receive. Moving out for a better education elsewhere.

We moved here out of state last year and feel our daughter is getting a poor education at the high school.

Actually a at MCHS some people may say that the budget cuts from last year would of hurt us. In all out reality it did not affect us at all. And to be completely honest I feel like the quality of learning has gone up. So if you want to go to an amazing high in a amazing town come to minooka.

Last modified Minooka Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.