Minooka, IL
Students enrolled: 2,534

Minooka Community High School 1

Posted March 25, 2015
I moved to Minooka for the quality education. Now they are making cuts in the High School and eliminating key teachers. I am super disappointed with the school board and would not recommend moving to an over taxed expensive area like Minooka. Especially when they are trying to reduce the quality of the schools.

Posted June 04, 2014
I am a student at MCHS and i am so happy with that. Teachers,students,principals and other persons are very nice to me and i didn't know any of English when i first started to high school at MCHS and now i am a junior and my English is really improved because of my friends', teachers' and hard works. I am glad I am in this school.

Posted January 26, 2013
This is my childs first year at Minooka South which has grades 9 & 10. She likes the school and is definitely being challenged in her classes. No problems with the teachers. As a parent I feel my child is getting a very good education that is preparing her for college.

Minooka Community High School 1

Posted December 22, 2012
I have had three children attend the school and the amount of racism they experience from other students, teaches, and athletic coaches is extremely disappointing. I regret that they had to experience this type of treatment.

Posted October 06, 2010
If your child is athletic this is a great school. If your child is an average student it is a good school. If you child is an high achiever this school is a disaster. Guidance is non-existant. Trying to get someone to respond to phone calls or e-mails is nearly imposible. Geting info. on classes for the next year or info. on colleges is totally your responsability. The split campus fresh/soph and junior/senior is a total failure. Most classes are offered to all students, but, then you are told that not enough kids chose a class at one campus or the other and therefore your child will not be able to take the class at that particular campus. It's is an absolute mess.

Minooka Community High School 4

Posted June 22, 2010
I was concerned about my son transitioning from a K-8 grade school to high school. Due to his father and I living in different school districts he had the opinion of either Minooka HS or Joliet Central. My son being on the shorter side (5ft) and white he was extremely overwhelmed with the size of Joliet Central and decided to go to Minooka HS. He is extremely happy and has done well with his grades as well being an A/B. student. I love having access to his grades and teachers emails at all times. Also with the school having 2 campuses, one for freshmen/sophomores and junior/seniors it is not overcrowded at all.

Posted August 08, 2008
I am concerned with the level of supervision available to the students due to the severe overcrowding! It remains to be seen whether or not it is addressed when the new school opens. Sometimes supervision is overbearing and invasive for no reason, while other times you see masses of students causing trouble in the hallways. Many teachers refuse to return phone calls too. Very disappointing.

Posted October 17, 2006
Im actually a student at MCHS and am very proud of the school and the education i recieve. The teachers really care and work their hardest to teach us what we need to know. The marching band is incredible in contest and exhibiton. The director Rick Anderson really knows what he's doing and works with the students to keep things improving. The school allows the students and parents alike to check grades near-realtime with an internet grade system known as powerschool. The principal, other administration, and teachers work hard to make the school the best they can.

Minooka Community High School 4

Posted January 22, 2006
MCHS is a very good school. My son is doing fantastic at this school. His grades are up and he is sports focused. He is doing well and finds much success.

Posted December 28, 2005
Minooka Community High School had a wonderful reputation until growth in the area exploded. Now Minooka has turned from a small town, progressive school, to a place that holds a little bit of everything you hoped to escape by moving there. The halls and classrooms are overcrowded as are the busses- some kids have reported sitting in the aisles. Seniors this year had to sacrifice lockers due to lack of space.

Minooka Community High School
301 South Wabena Avenue, Minooka, IL  60447
Last modified Minooka Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minooka Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top