Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I think they do a great job at teaching the children not to bully in the first place and be respectful to each other. If there is any bullying they stop it right away from what my children tell me.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

As I previously wrote they offer more challenging work for those ahead. I think they do try and challenge each child to the extent they can.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Mr. Snipes seem to be well liked and an excellent leader. He is always visible and interacts with parents and students. As far as I can tell the teachers and staff respect him.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, they have a 0 bullying policy and enforce it. Positive reinforcement for nice deeds and good behavior. My children seem to get along with everyone and do not talk of bullying or other problems. If there is ever a problem they seem to nip it in the butt right away.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teacher do an awesome job. Some of the teacher even go out of their way to assign different assignments based on ability. Challenging the students who may be ahead to keep them interested. My children have liked all the teachers they have had at Arbury.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Newsletters, emails and notes home make homework assignments clear. There is enough homework to see what your children are doing in class but not so much its a huge burden. There is always open communication between parent and teacher if there are problems or questions regarding assignments.

Arbury Hills is amazing. At first I was disappointed my children would move from Rogus (kindergarten) to Arbury. But my experience at Arbury has been much better. The teachers and staff at Arbury truly care about my children. Even teachers my children have not had seem to take a personal interest in my children's success. The principal is always involved and takes an active interest in all the children. I feel good about sending my children to this school and feel it is a nurturing environment by all. Where the Stars Shine! Thank you to all Arbury Hills staff and teachers!

The teachers and staff at Arbury are phenomenal and so caring. Both of my children have really thrived in this environment. I also think the new principal is very good, too.

This is a marvelous neighborhood school! My three kids all went there. Sure, it is older, but newer is not necessarily better. This school has heart and is small enough to take care of every student in a special way and educate them well. The teachers are fabulous. I was glad my kids went there rather than the larger, newer schools elsewhere in the district. When they are young, a small school is best. I work in a school (in a different district) and I know whereof I speak. Don't be fooled by bells and whistles. GREAT SCHOOL.

School Is very Outdated And Need A Major Remodel Staff Is Ok But They Take The Easy Way Out

Last modified Arbury Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.