Mokena, IL

Posted February 19, 2014
My son started at St. Mary School this Fall. The staff has been wonderful in their work with him as he tends to be a bit hyperactive. The school has so much to offer from art, music, theater, athletics and clubs. There are tons of social opportunities and ways to get involved.

Posted February 18, 2014
Great school. I am alumni and currently have 3 children attending St. Mary. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 05, 2014
This is a great school,with a great staff. I learned the most from this school than I did any other.

St Mary Elementary School 2

Posted February 14, 2013
This school was great prior to the new leadership, now it is poorly run and the discipline and direction is lacking.

St Mary Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2013
This school has a well rounded, faith based education. Our children have been at St. Mary's for over 5 years. My husband and I are very pleased with the level of education our children are receiving. Past issues such as math skill deficiencies have been addressed and now the students are learning at the next grade level. St. Mary's has been growing in enrollment since we arrived and the administration has successfully managed its growth. We would like to see more consistent discipline in and out of the classroom, but the level of discipline depends on the teacher. My children's favorite period is Faith Families because it reinforces their faith and helps build a bridge between all grade levels. We are also pleased with the extracurriculars such as spanish club, band, chess club, basketball, Battle of the Books, etc. The wonderful teachers are in sync and this helps build cohesiveness throughout the school and the curriculum. The school and the parents have made a major investment in technology this year and now all of the junior high students and teachers are using I-pads to further their education. Parents and staff are committed to making this a great school!

St Mary Elementary School 4

Posted March 10, 2011
We have been at St. Mary School 4 years. Our experience has been most positive. My husband and I are extremely involved with school activities and feel we are knowledgeable about goings on in the school. Our children are happy and learning. I do get bothered by the casual clothes days for 50 cents and every time you turn around there is money needed for something, but that is life in a private school. I do believe the junior high grades, class sizes are too large. I think Spanish should be offered for the younger grades. It would also be great to have an after school program for children of working parents. I hope the new principal is as good or better than our current one. Mrs. Rozgo is an outstanding administrator and runs a tight ship. She deeply cares for the school and the children. She takes care of the staff and consistently works with them on team building. We have a very clean school. Our lunch program is top notch, but it takes a lot of volunteers to pull it off. The teachers go above what is expected of them. I LOVE St. Mary School! I'd also like to see Father Jim walk in to the classrooms a few times per week to say a hello to the children.

St Mary Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2009

St Mary Elementary School 1

Posted July 13, 2009
I too have been so disappointed with this school. It has low tuition but you get what you pay for. The upper grades have class sizes of 34 to 36 kids with no teacher's aid. The teachers consistently yell at the students; the yelling can sometimes be heard in the parking lot. Constructive discipline is nonexistent as the same students disrupt the classroom on a daily basis. The curriculum is woefully stale and the teachers seem to lack any ambition to do something about it. And the principal seems to be biding her time until retirement.

St Mary Elementary School 0

Posted May 14, 2009
class sizes for upper grades are large +34-35 students to a class with no teacher aides. Families at school seem to be cliquish

St Mary Elementary School 0

Posted January 24, 2009
Great school! The staff is fantastic and the Catholic teachings are wonderful.

St Mary Elementary School
11409 195th Street, Mokena, IL  60448
Last modified St Mary Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Mary Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top